Trendline issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trendline issue

I have been having this issue with NT for a very long time. I finally decided to take some jpegs and post it here.

Whenever I draw trendlines and channels, they appear to have been shifted in the next session. This never happens during a session but after I shut down and relog the next day. The leftmost price points (the startpoint) of the channels and trendlines are never moved, but the angle is shifted either downwards or upwards. This doesn't seem to affect horizontal lines. This occurs without fail at least every other day of trading.

The example given here is of a 60 minute chart. The trendlines and channels are not "locked" (i've tried locking and it makes no difference). They are only attached to their original charts. This occurs in range charts just as well.
    Attached Files

Hello,

Thank you for your post.

When drawing the trend channel are you setting your far right anchor point beyond the last bar?

If so can you scroll the chart to the left to have the anchor point visible and tell me if the line then adjusts to where it was originally drawn.
    Christopher J.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi,

Usually i stretch my far right anchor point beyond the last price bar.

I'm not sure I understand what you're asking but the leftmost anchor points are always right where I set them. Only the right tails become shifted at an angle.

Comment

Can you please adjust your right anchors to be visible within the chart window where data is currently available-->Save your Workspace and let me know if the lines then shift after the next startup.
        Christopher J.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Sure. I'll let you know if I still have the same problem.

Comment

horizontal price label

Hello, I would like to have a simple price labels on the horizontal lines I draw on my chart, but I can not find the trick!
            As the price alert lines that have this label!
            indiquant le prix de cette ligne

How, thank you

Comment

Hello,

Price labeling is not available with this drawing tool by default. This is something which you could add through custom programming however. If you are not a programmer yourself any of the NinjaScript consultants listed at the following link could code this type of project at your request: http://www.ninjatrader.com/partners....pt-Consultants
              KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by wzgy0920, 04-20-2024, 06:09 PM
              2 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post wzgy0920  
              Started by wzgy0920, 02-22-2024, 01:11 AM
              5 responses
              0 likes