Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello ScorpioTravis,

Thanks for your post.

Please email platformsupport[at]ninjatrader[dot]com with the information in post 2
    BrandonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I'm very surprised that NT support isn't able to replicate this issue and provide a fix.

Is the issue possibly related the data being live or delayed?
      Last edited by ScorpioTravis; 10-20-2014, 08:13 AM.

Comment

Hello ScorpioTravis,

Thanks for your reply.

This is why we are trying to collect information from users who report they have this happen so we can find a way to reproduce this and resolve. Any users seeing this would need to send in the requested information from post 2 to solve this.
        BrandonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Yeah, this has been a pain for me for years. My automated strategies stop working because I have them running on the charts and when this happens I miss out on trades. It just happened again this week and I'm not happy because I missed out on a nice money-winning week. I don't watch them closely and assume they will work as expected but I can't believe I let myself get burned again. I will have to implement some sort of alerting system I guess like what some have mentioned to alarm me if the chart is not updating in addition to performing operational "work-arounds" to update the End Date on a regular basis.

Comment

Originally posted by dolomite View Post
            I'm also finding that I have to change the end date of my charts to the current date . . . every single day.
            Dolomite, how do you change the end date?

Comment

end date wrong

Hi I can not get my Ninjatrader to run replay anymore as soon as I connect to replay my end date in the chart is changed to 1 day before my replay data I have data from the 03/21 till 04/04.

When I create a new workspace and open a new chart the end date is 04/05. But as soon as I connect to replay it get changed to 03/20 and it is grayed out that I can not change it.

I resetarted Ninja several time Reset the DB but no change since 2 days I can not run replay anymore. And I was using replay all the time

Thanks.
              Attached Files

Comment

Hello,

Thank you for writing in.

What happens if you fast forward the replay connection? Does it end up catching up to the replay data or is the market replay controller grayed out itself?

This may be a database issue, as a quick test I would recommend performing a repair on your database:

Please follow the instructions below to repair the NinjaTrader database. (This can take long depending on the size of your database file and your system.)

Disconnect NinjaTrader from any open connections via File > Disconnect.
                From the NinjaTrader Control Center window select the menu Tools > Options.
                Select the 'Data' tab.
                Press the 'Repair DB' button.
                Press the 'OK' button.

Please let us know if we may assist further.
                Justin S.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I had this problem when my connections were Kinetick + IB (TWS). Chart would quit updating occasionally overnight and my strategies would be unresponsive.

The problem stopped occurring when I switched my connection to IQFeed + IB. I'm now running IQFeed + NT Continuum without any problems for the past three months.

Just wanted to share my experience, for what it's worth.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                  Started by andrewtrades, Today, 04:57 PM
                  1 response
                  0 likes
                  Last Post NinjaTrader_Manfred  
                  Started by chbruno, Today, 04:10 PM
                  0 responses
                  0 likes
                  Last Post chbruno