Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Strategy has sent cancel requests, attempted to close the position and terminated its

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Strategy has sent cancel requests, attempted to close the position and terminated its

good morning,

I had an issue this morning during a very short disconnect, NT tried to modify an order, it blew up the strategy. I get the following log message

Strategy has sent cancel requests, attempted to close the position and terminated itself

So the first and last parts I agree with, but the middle part was not at all a desired outcome (I can understand for fast strategies it could make sense, but I also run very slow strategies where this is not helpful).

What should I do so that when an strategy blows up due to an error message on modifying orders, it will cancel all outstanding orders, but not issue any orders to close its position ?

curmudgeon, that process is part of the realtime error handling used per default, this can be set as well to take no action if you prefer- http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/h...htsub=realtime
    BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi Bertrand,

Do you have the copy of the default OnOrderUpdate function that includes the three steps (cancel orders, input lots of market orders, shutdown) so that I could implement it with commenting out the input market orders ?

If not, is the only status that one would need to worry about OrderState.Rejected or are there other order status types that would include an error message ?

Thanks

Comment

Unfortunately could not offer a dedicated sample here for managing this state, the error handling specifically is targeted for the rejected state only.
        BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by DayTradingDEMON, Today, 09:28 AM
        4 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post DayTradingDEMON  
        Started by geddyisodin, Yesterday, 05:20 AM
        9 responses
        0 likes