Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

where to download v7.11 or lower

TL;DR I need a really old version of ninja to download

The zoom level on tick/small time-frame charts has long been a problem with ninja, I've seen many threads going back years asking for more zoom out but this simple option has never been added, then one day by luck I found a 'bug' that enabled me to get the desired zoom out I wanted, I could even get a whole trading day with 1 second bar period to appear in a single window! as opposed to the 30~ mins max now, I actually only want 60-90mins shown though.

I'm using ninja for replay and sims etc but I had not used it for several months, installed new OS and tried to run ninja from my other HD, didn't work so decided to re download/install, but I made a fatal mistake in that I installed it to the same directory and overwrote my old version, and guess what, the bug/feature that improved the program seems to have been 'fixed', rendering it back to the unusable state, well, not actually unusable you know, just crippled

looking at the release dates I'm guessing I had 7.11 or lower as I had not upgraded in ages, so just hoping you keep these old installer lying around somewhere, thanks

Hello,

Thank you for your post.

Unfortunately NinjaTrader 7.0.1000.11 is no longer available. At this time we're able to offer NinjaTrader 7.0.1000.15, 7.0.1000.14 and our legacy 6.5.1000.19 release: http://www.ninjatrader.com/download-registration
    KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

yeah I noticed, I'm already using 7.14 though and still can't get decent zoom out so 14 must be too new as well.

fast reply even though it didn't help thanks anyway.

oh and I'm on win 7 so can't use V6
      Last edited by anon84; 09-20-2013, 07:45 AM.

Comment

Hello anon84,

Thank you for the follow up.

Since the type of functionality you are seeking is not presently supported within NinjaTrader, I have documented this particular zoom feature and have sent it to our product development team.

Once I have a tracking ID for this particular feature, I will let you know.
        Ryan L.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

oh thanks, though I'm not hoping for anything as this improvement has been suggested for years, but I appreciate it Ryan

You probably already know what I mean but just in case, it is possible to get more than 30~ min shown in one window (short time-frames <5 tick / 1second etc) but only in illiquid markets, eg YM premarket where I can get 2+ hours shown in one window, but as soon as I scroll to market hours the X-axis shrinks to show only 30~ minutes, so clearly it is limiting the max amount of 'bars/ticks' it shows at once, I would guess it is an arbitrary number as I've been able to get a whole trading day shown at once so the capability is there, just not accessible.

If I am being optimistic as to why the improvement has never been implemented, it could be the programmers looked at an illiquid market with a very short time-frame <5 tick or 1sec and saw 2+ hours on the X-axis so wondered what the complaints were about, then just dismissed it.

Or could be they looked at 1min+ charts, where the current zoom-out ninja offers is very good, maybe even excessive! so I could see them wondering why they should double or triple the zoom out capability, but they could only enable the enhanced zoom out if the user is using tick or second charts, just an idea if they are reluctant.

I won't post anymore as i'm getting a bit spammy you don't need to reply to this

Comment

Hello anon84,

I have heard back from development and the suggestion to have the ability to completely zoom out of the chart to show the entire range of historical tick data or historical second data is being tracked under ID# 1331.
            Ryan L.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by WHICKED, Today, 12:56 PM
            1 response
            0 likes
            Last Post NinjaTrader_Gaby  
            Started by cre8able, Today, 01:16 PM
            0 responses
            1 view