Cannot load data before Jan 2013

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cannot load data before Jan 2013

Hi, I cannot load data prior to jan 2013. Im using GC instrument and have tried on ##, 12-12, 12-13 contracts.

If i set my end date to 1/10/12 and try to load 30 days of data, I only get 3 days.

I used to be able to load a couple of years at least of data, has something changed?

Im using a 6R chart.

What I would like to load now is data for Sept 2012 on the GC 12-12 contract. But more than this, what is the general cause of my data loading problem?

Thanks,
    Will.
    Last edited by dontpanic; 09-20-2013, 04:09 AM.

Hello Will,

Can you please tell me to what data feed provider you connect.

What 'Merge policy' is used for the GC? Please go to Control Center-->Tools-->Instrument Manager, highlight the GC and click Edit.

Please tell me what interval is used in the chart as well (tick, minute or day).

Are you able to load data via Control Center-->Tools-->Historical Data Manager-->Download-tab?
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi,

I'm using Zenfire.

Merge Policy is MergeBackAdjusted

I am using a 6 range chart, but the same problem happens on a minute chart or tick chart.

I used the download tab, it took a couple of minutes and appeared to be loading data, but when I created a new chart for that time period it was blank.

Thanks.

Comment

Please see my response to your email.

I am able to load historical tick data up to September 19th 2012 when I test it on my end. Unfortunately there is only 1 year of historical tick data available. Range bars are build by tick data.

I tested a GC 12-13 minute chart for 700 days of data and it loaded data up to August 28th 2011.

Does it make a difference if you right click in the chart and select 'Reload All Historical Data'? If not, please disconnect Zen-Fire and go to Control Center-->Tools-->Options-->Data-tab, click Repair DB. Restart NinjaTrader and check if the requested data is loaded.

If the issue remains, please exit NinjaTrader and go to C:\-->Users-->*Windows user account*-->Documents-->NinjaTrader 7-->db and delete the cache folder. Start NinjaTrader and check again.
        JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by algospoke, Yesterday, 06:40 PM
        2 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post algospoke  
        Started by ghoul, Today, 06:02 PM
        3 responses
        0 likes