Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

enter two trades on different instruments.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

enter two trades on different instruments.

Hey guys I have a strategy that takes a long on the Euro and E-mini SP 500 futures. what I want Ninjatrader to do is enter a long trade on E-mini SP 500 (1 contract ) and if a long setup also happens on the Euro futures that it should take a long as well. But what I noticed is the strategy only takes one trade, for example if a position is already active on E-mini Sp 500. the strategy will not take a long on the Euro even though a setup is confirmed.
    I tried going to Strategies > Entries per direction and I put 2. But what happens is if another trade setup on the E-mini and Euro fire on the same bar it takes the E-mini SP 500 setup. So what I want to do is have only one trade on the Sp 500 and one trade on the Euro. How can I do this.

Thank you

Hello wallsteetking,

You may want to give your Entry signals a different name then change your entry handling to UniqueEntires to be able to better manage this.

For example:
    Code:
    protected override void Initialize() 
    { 
        EntryHandling = EntryHandling.UniqueEntries;
    }

protected override void OnBarUpdate() 
    {
        if ( //ES Conditon)
        {
             EnterLong("ES Long");
        }
        if ( //Euro Condition)
        {
             EnterLong("Euro Long");
        }
    }
    Happy to be of further assistance.
    JCNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by wallsteetking View Post
      Hey guys I have a strategy that takes a long on the Euro and E-mini SP 500 futures. what I want Ninjatrader to do is enter a long trade on E-mini SP 500 (1 contract ) and if a long setup also happens on the Euro futures that it should take a long as well. But what I noticed is the strategy only takes one trade, for example if a position is already active on E-mini Sp 500. the strategy will not take a long on the Euro even though a setup is confirmed.
      I tried going to Strategies > Entries per direction and I put 2. But what happens is if another trade setup on the E-mini and Euro fire on the same bar it takes the E-mini SP 500 setup. So what I want to do is have only one trade on the Sp 500 and one trade on the Euro. How can I do this.

Thank you
      Run the strategy on each instrument in the strategy manager??!

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by lorem, Today, 09:18 AM
      1 response
      0 likes
      Last Post lorem
      by lorem

Started by bmartz, Today, 09:30 AM
      0 responses
      0 likes