Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No data and chart but the ninja seem connecte

Hi guys

i have the following problem...the platform seem connected but the chart that i load are empty, and i didn't add new chart when i find new intrument like 6E.

The 2 pics will explain bettere the problem

thankss

Amarillio

ps if i open create a ne workspace and try to view a new chart this dont work again...
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Amarillo; 09-21-2013, 05:30 AM.

Hi Amarillo

When you double click the instrument (from within the instrument window) as shown in your first screenshot, this will just select the code, however you then need to press the “New” button to add the instrument to your data series and then select “ok” to save the details.
    I've attached a pic to help.
    Cheers
    Attached Files

Comment

Thanks

but maybe i have not expain better the problem.
      The problem is if i do, double click on the first pic...the instrument don't appear in the dowside box so i can't do "new" and then "ok"...because if i do ok ninja say "U can add at least one data series to create a chart"
      And if i load other default instrument like Sp, dow ecc...the data series chart it's empy...but the ninja seem connetecd to feed server because it's appear green as i showed in the past pic

it's a demo mode, just for try ninja, but i had installed yesterday the same user and key with another laptop and it's works...
      Last edited by Amarillo; 09-21-2013, 12:49 PM.

Comment

Hi Amarillo
        With regard to not being able to double click from within the instrument lookup, I've only seen this happen before on Futures (eg 6E you are trying to show) instruments and I've noticed if you go to Tools/Instrument Manager and add the latest contract of the futures instrument into any of your watchlists this will then allow you to double click on that instrument from within the "instrument lookup" window now.

I'll leave it up to NinjaTrader support as they will be able to explain this better than me, but just thought I'd let you know my experience and doing the above has resolved it for me.
        Cheers

Comment

Hello Amarillo,

I do see there are older contracts expires that you have loaded up which is why your chart does not populate anything on a chart since those contracts have no data for the current dates.

Could you let us know what version of NinjaTrader are you using? You can check under Help -> About (Example: 7.0.1000.X)

Happy to be of further assistance.
          JCNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

7.0.1000.7 yeah 9 /11 instrument.... but the same version with another pc it's work

Comment

Hello,

Please shut down NinjaTrader then update to the current 7.0.1000.15 release via this link: www.ninjatrader.com/download-registration

After updating please restart and check to see if the issue has persisted.
              KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I am having this problem with 7.0.1000.15 connected to Kineticks free source. I'm following along in the tutorial on youtube - but can't see any simple data.

Any tips to get data in?

Comment

Hello dbh21,

The Free EOD Kinetick connection is preloaded in to NinjaTrader 7 automatically. You can connect to it by going in NinjaTrader to > File > Connect > Kinetick - End of Day (free). This connection will give you access to historical Daily, Weekly, Monthly and Yearly data.

Connection steps can also be found at: https://www.kinetick.com/support#Connect

Please note that the EOD connection provides access to historical daily data only, allowing you to access Daily, Weekly, Monthly and Yearly data for free. For any other historical data or Live data you would need to subscribe to the Basic Service and potentially one or more additional packages.

Christopher S.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Yes. I followed those steps earlier. It says its connected to Kinetick, and I changed the duration in the chart to daily. But i still get an empty chart just like the original poster's screenshots. Is there an error log or something somewhere? There are no error messages.

I'm trying to bring up the ES-09-12 data. AAPL appears to work but not ES.

Comment

Hello dbh21,

The ES is currently on the 12-13 contract.

Please follow the instructions below to rollover the expiration date of a futures contracts.

From within the NinjaTrader Control Center window select the menu Tools > Instrument Manager
                      Highlight the contract you wish to rollover in the left side of the Instrument Manager window
                      Press the ">" button (the instrument will disappear from the list)
                      Press the "<" button and the instrument should re-appear with the front month expiration date
                      Christopher S.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Boom - there it is. Thanks.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                        Started by pmachiraju, 11-01-2023, 04:46 AM
                        8 responses
                        0 likes
                        Last Post rehmans
                        by rehmans