Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Order of connecting

Hi folks:

I am running strategies on rithmic (zf), ameritrade, and mbtrading.

Right now I have the order of connections the same as well (zen fire, td ameritrade, and then mb trading).

Trades are firing with zen fire and td ameritrade. However, they are not firing with mbtrading.

Does mbtrading need to be the 1st connection in order for them to fire?

This is in a test account using the sim 101 account on all of them.

Thanks,

greg

If you're trading live, MBT will need their own data in order to fire orders. This means you cannot use another provider such as Kinetick for real-time data and route orders to MBT.

However that only applies to live orders. Sim101 orders would not have this requirement.

Regarding your issue, can you please clarify what instruments you're trying to trade with MBT? Are these forex, futures or equites?

If you disconnect from all other providers, and connect only with MBT, do you get real-time data for these instruments?

Are there any errors listed on the Log tab around the time you wish to submit orders?
    MatthewNinjaTrader Product Management

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Matthew View Post
      If you're trading live, MBT will need their own data in order to fire orders. This means you cannot use another provider such as Kinetick for real-time data and route orders to MBT.

However that only applies to live orders. Sim101 orders would not have this requirement.

Regarding your issue, can you please clarify what instruments you're trying to trade with MBT? Are these forex, futures or equites?

If you disconnect from all other providers, and connect only with MBT, do you get real-time data for these instruments?

Are there any errors listed on the Log tab around the time you wish to submit orders?
      Hi Matthew:

Yea, I do know MBT requires its own data. In this instance, it is for FOREX only. I am only using/relying on their data for the trades. For the sake of testing, I am having all trades fire all on the Sim 101 account for all 3 connections.

I disconnected from the other 2 and do get the streaming data direct from MBT...yes.

There are no errors in the log.

Can you think of anything else? Do you think it has to trade to a actual MBT demo or live account rather than the Sim 101 etc etc...may that is it?

In the meantime, I am shutting down and restarting and will connect to MBT FIRST, then Zen Fire, then TD Ameritrade and see how that order works and will let you know...

Greg

Comment

Greg,

Nothing else comes in mind. There's nothing preventing you from submitting orders on the Sim101 account for a MBT Forex connection.

Have you tried a manual trade to one of those accounts? I'd suggest placing a limit or market order from the SuperDOM and see if that executes.

Comment

Yea, it manually executes.

Comment

As a further test, I'd recommend enabling the SampleMACrossOver strategy on these forex instruments and let me know if this also results in no trades.

Comment

Important for connecting and 2 other issues.

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Matthew View Post
              Greg,

Nothing else comes in mind. There's nothing preventing you from submitting orders on the Sim101 account for a MBT Forex connection.

Have you tried a manual trade to one of those accounts? I'd suggest placing a limit or market order from the SuperDOM and see if that executes.
              ISSUE 1 of 3:

I have the connections setup for zen-fire (for futures), td amerrtrade (for stocks), and mbtrading (for forex) in that order still. Tried other orders and believe, at least at this point, it is best. When I connected mbtrading first it worked fine by the way.

Here is what I have done:
              1. Zen fire strategies are firing perfect.
              2. I have yet to see if the the td ameritrade will fire yet cause I only have 4 stocks in it at the moment...so, will have to wait and see for a few hours.
              3. mbtrading I now have 1 actual account number for each strategy I am testing that was issued by mbtrading and used that actual demo account (instead of created sim 101 local machine account). I have used this before with a mbtrading account alone without the other two connections. I have over 12 forex instruments and it should be firing pretty soon but right now I have nothing fired...so, waiting (usually 1 or 2 will fire within a hour or so). This is the variable I have changed. The connection in the strategies verify it is with the MBTrading connection just FYI.

I need to get all three connections working in tandem which should be easy enough but it is still not at the moment. I will give updates as I see anything else happen.

--------------

ISSUE 2 of 3:

With the td ameritrade account (using a new sim 101 account by way to log trades locally on the machine not with a td ameritrade demo) as normal. The connection comes up in the strategy as ZEN FIRE not td ameritrade. How do I fix that? I would assume it is looking at ZEN FIRE for stock trades but it does not have stocks. The connection with the strategy should show td ameritrade I would guess?

--------------

ISSUE 3 of 3:

I have been trying to resolve this for literally years...I was trying to see if a resolution has come to pass yet on it below from another thread...So, can you help with solving?

Reference thread (I have tried in other threads in the past too but nothing is ever done about it just FYI): http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/f...ad.php?t=46733

I posted this today at the above thread:

"Yea, this has been happening to me with MBT for forex for years. Automated strategies will not begin firing either until a balance is showing it appears. So, is there anyway to fix this to have the balance automatically show up upon connecting to the MBT trading server. It is pretty annoying because I usually have to place a trade to make the balances show so the automated strategies will start firing. PLEASE! Big smile!!!

On a live account it is a problem and on a sim 101 or the MBT demo account it is just extremely annoying.

I will help all I can but can we resolve this?

Let me know what I can do...I have had past threads on this issue but it never gets fixed...

"

Thanks Matthew...

Greg

Comment

Hello Greg,

Issue 1:

Let us know what the results are. Also, if you have any issue please let us know what the color of the Strategy Name column is in for the strategies with issues.

Issue 2:

Using a Simulation account locally stored on your PC NinjaTrader will only display the Primary (First) connection. Only when you select an account provided by the broker will the Connection name change.

Issue 3:

I will follow up with Jason and help look into this for you.

Happy to be of further assistance.
                JCNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hello Greg,

In regards to Issue 3, we have not received your log and trace files yet. Let us know when you send the files over so that we can review them

Happy to be of further assistance.
                  JCNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                  Started by alifarahani, 04-19-2024, 09:40 AM
                  9 responses
                  0 likes
                  Last Post NinjaTrader_Jesse  
                  Started by mmckinnm, Today, 01:34 PM
                  2 responses