Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

How do I make NinjaTrader automatically load missing data after waking from sleep?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How do I make NinjaTrader automatically load missing data after waking from sleep?

Hi, I have NinjaTrader NT 7 latest version on windows 8 on a new laptop...

but I remember I had this problem last time I used ninja trader years ago on 6.5 also...

When NinjaTrader (ZenFire) wakes from sleep, charts are not updated... it connects and displays new data... but the period when the computer was sleeping is not shown on the Charts..

So I must manually "Reload all historical data" for each chart and then the charts will get wider and fill in the missing data..

Q1) How can I set it to automatically reload all charts data on wake from sleep?

Q2) Is there a way to reload data for All Charts without having to do it manually for every single chart? Is there a reload data for all charts type command?

Hello NinjaCustomer,

Thanks for your post.

Sleep mode is not supported. There is not a way to load historical data while in sleep mode or automatically load historical data once the PC is woke up. It would be recommended to disconnect before putting your PC to sleep and reconnecting once it is woke up.
    BrandonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

To fill in the missing data you can also use the historical data manager:

(1) first create an instrument list with all instruments that you want to have updated (you can also use the default list)
      (2) open the historical data manager, select the download tab, then select the newly created list and download data as needed

This allows you to update all your charts in a single step.

Comment

Hello Harry,

Thanks for your suggestion.

To build on this you could also go to Tools> Historical Data Manager> Reload and select the Reload All button. This will load historical data for all instruments currently receiving data in NinjaTrader. This would still be a manual step however.
        BrandonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Brandon View Post
          Hello Harry,

Thanks for your suggestion.

To build on this you could also go to Tools> Historical Data Manager> Reload and select the Reload All button. This will load historical data for all instruments currently receiving data in NinjaTrader. This would still be a manual step however.
          The "Reload All" button is next to useless. I have several years of data in my database, and the last thing I want is that all that data is replaced with new data. This would immobilize NinjaTrader for several hours, if not days.

However, selecting the Download tab does allow me to select

-> which instruments I want to update
          -> and for which period I want to update them (typically for the current and the prior trading day, but not several years)

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by trilliantrader, 04-18-2024, 08:16 AM
          4 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post trilliantrader  
          Started by mgco4you, Today, 09:46 PM
          1 response
          0 likes
          Last Post NinjaTrader_Manfred