Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

tools options data log

Hello,

I couldn´t find what is "#entries loaded" for. There is a value of 1.000 in the tab.

I thought this could be the default quantity in chart trader as there appears always 1.000 if not selected anything else - and this is the problem. There might be the incident that one touches a buy or sell button and 1.000 futures will be traded. How can this be avoided - I thought by setting the default value to 1 but I think this doesnt work.

Thanks
    Tony

Hello Tony,

It configures the maximum number of historical log events loaded upon start up in the Control Center-->Log-tab.

It does not relate to ChartTrader.
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hello,

thank you for your reply. And the 2nd part of my question referring the default quantity of chart-trader (this is the core, therefore I found the log n#) How can this be set to 1 please?

Thanks
      Tony

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Jason View Post
      Hello Tony,

It configures the maximum number of historical log events loaded upon start up in the Control Center-->Log-tab.

It does not relate to ChartTrader.

Comment

Unfortunately there is no setting to configure the default quantity of ChartTrader. When I open a chart with a futures instrument selected, it will open with a value of 1. If I create a forex chart and enable ChartTrader, it will have a value of 0.1M. Upon creating a chart for a stock, it has 100.

Are you connected to a data feed when you check the ChartTrader order quantity value? If so, please tell me which one.

Comment

Hello,

thank you for your reply. OK, I understand. This makes sense of course.

Then I know why this occurs:

I´m connected with fxcm and I have cfd in the chart. There might be no distinction then between forex and cfd with this dataprovider.

Thanks
          Tony

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Jason View Post
          Unfortunately there is no setting to configure the default quantity of ChartTrader. When I open a chart with a futures instrument selected, it will open with a value of 1. If I create a forex chart and enable ChartTrader, it will have a value of 0.1M. Upon creating a chart for a stock, it has 100.

Are you connected to a data feed when you check the ChartTrader order quantity value? If so, please tell me which one.
          Last edited by tonynt; 09-24-2013, 06:09 AM. Reason: typing error

Comment

Yes, I experience the same when I connect to FXCM. Both forex and cfd's will have a value of 1,000.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by DayTradingDEMON, Today, 09:28 AM
            4 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post DayTradingDEMON  
            Started by geddyisodin, Yesterday, 05:20 AM
            9 responses
            0 likes