• If this is your first visit, you will have to register before you can post. To view messages, please scroll below and select the forum that you would like to visits. Questions? Be sure to check out the Forum FAQ.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

tools options data log

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

tools options data log

Hello,

I couldn´t find what is "#entries loaded" for. There is a value of 1.000 in the tab.

I thought this could be the default quantity in chart trader as there appears always 1.000 if not selected anything else - and this is the problem. There might be the incident that one touches a buy or sell button and 1.000 futures will be traded. How can this be avoided - I thought by setting the default value to 1 but I think this doesnt work.

Thanks
    Tony

Hello Tony,

It configures the maximum number of historical log events loaded upon start up in the Control Center-->Log-tab.

It does not relate to ChartTrader.
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hello,

thank you for your reply. And the 2nd part of my question referring the default quantity of chart-trader (this is the core, therefore I found the log n#) How can this be set to 1 please?

Thanks
      Tony

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Jason View Post
      Hello Tony,

It configures the maximum number of historical log events loaded upon start up in the Control Center-->Log-tab.

It does not relate to ChartTrader.

Comment

Unfortunately there is no setting to configure the default quantity of ChartTrader. When I open a chart with a futures instrument selected, it will open with a value of 1. If I create a forex chart and enable ChartTrader, it will have a value of 0.1M. Upon creating a chart for a stock, it has 100.

Are you connected to a data feed when you check the ChartTrader order quantity value? If so, please tell me which one.

Comment

Hello,

thank you for your reply. OK, I understand. This makes sense of course.

Then I know why this occurs:

I´m connected with fxcm and I have cfd in the chart. There might be no distinction then between forex and cfd with this dataprovider.

Thanks
          Tony

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Jason View Post
          Unfortunately there is no setting to configure the default quantity of ChartTrader. When I open a chart with a futures instrument selected, it will open with a value of 1. If I create a forex chart and enable ChartTrader, it will have a value of 0.1M. Upon creating a chart for a stock, it has 100.

Are you connected to a data feed when you check the ChartTrader order quantity value? If so, please tell me which one.
          Last edited by tonynt; 09-24-2013, 06:09 AM. Reason: typing error

Comment

Yes, I experience the same when I connect to FXCM. Both forex and cfd's will have a value of 1,000.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by TazoTodua, Today, 01:50 AM
            3 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post NinjaTrader_Jesse  
            Started by b16_aln, Today, 08:53 AM
            1 response
            0 likes