how do I erase text associated with orders or positions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

how do I erase text associated with orders or positions

how do I erase text associated with orders or positions which have been cancelled? the markers go away but not the text?
    please see attachment for an example of unwanted text.
    Attached Files

Hello joemiller,

Please follow the instructions below to disable the plotting of trade executions.

Right click in your chart and select the menu "Data Series..."
    Find the "Plot executions" parameter for each data series and change the value to "DoNotPlot"
    Press the "OK" button

See here for more information on working with Data Series > How to edit Data Series parameters:
    http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/h...price_data.htm
    Tyler G.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I need to know how to erase unwanted text.

I want to keep 'text and marker' activated.
      I am able to erase old unwanted markers.
      I need to know how to erase unwanted text.

Comment

Hello joemiller,

Canceled orders will not be plotted on the chart. Only filled orders will be plotted.
        To remove an individual execution from the chart you will need to remove the execution from the NinjaTrader database. You can do this by going to the Executions tab of the Control Center, selecting the executions, right clicking and selecting Remove. Please note, this will complete remove the execution from NinjaTrader, including in performance reports.

For more information on the Control Center Executions tab, see our help guide:

http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/h...utions_tab.htm

Comment

I was able to erase old unwanted markers with the close button but text associated with the marker did not go away. Does that make sense? I am still confused.

Comment

Hello joemiller,

The Close button will close any open positions and pending orders on the chart. However, this will not impact historical executions. To remove a historical execution from the chart you will need to remove the execution from the database.

In your original post, your screenshot shows both the text and the markers for prior executions. Could you send another screenshot showing me the text left over from cancelled orders?

I look forward to your response.

Comment

just in case it is germane, I am using order and position displays as visual aids in managing orders and positions. I do not connect to Interactive Brokers for order entry via the charts.

I am trying to manage 3 securities. attached is an image of the current state of two of them.

I know how to place markers and text on charts. I just need to know how to remove them. I have removed markers by selecting on something [I think] and clicking on close but I am not sure.
              Attached Files

Comment

Hello joemiller,

When you pressed the close button, this closed your open positions and pending orders on the chart. If you do not want your pending orders or open position displayed on the chart you can disable chart trader.

To disable Chart Trader, click the fifth button from the right on the chart window toolbar. Additionally, you can disable Chart trader by right clicking in the chart canvas area, and selecting Properties from the menu. Set the "show chart trader" option to "false".

For the markers and text added automatically through use of Chart Trader, your only option will be to open the Data Series menu, and modify the "Plot executions" parameter to "MarkerOnly" or "DoNotPlot".

Comment

i am still confused.

maybe a fresh statement of my question will help.

i need answers to the following:
                  i would like to know what buttons to click to place a desired marker and marker_text on a chart, and what buttons to click to remove a marker and marker_text from a chart. it is as simple as that. 'text and marker' will always be activated.

Comment

Joe,

As far as I know you either have to display all the trades or none of the trades. There is no way to remove selected trades, other than as mentioned above by manually removing from the database.

Comment

in my experimenting, I thought at one time I had selectively removed one of several depicted entry and exit orders and positions by selectively closing the selected one with the close button, but apparently not?

Comment

Hello joemiller,

Unfortunately, there is no option to select a historical trade marker or text from the plot executions and delete them.

In order to “Remove” a historical execution where the position was cancelled or closed out by you, you will need go to the executions tab and delete the executions as outlined in my previous post (the fourth post in this thread).

Otherwise, you can use the drawing tool objects to achieve your own personal objects that can be deleted and removed as such.

To manually place markers on the chart, right click in the canvas area, go to "Drawing Tools", then go to "Chart Markers". These markers can then be removed by left clicking on them to select them, then right clicking on them and selecting "Remove".

Text can be added manually in the same way - by right clicking, going to "Drawing Tools", then selecting "Text". The text drawing tool can also be accessed by pressing F12. This text can be removed by selecting it, then right clicking and selecting "Remove".

Comment

thanks to all for all the help and patience.

Comment

apparently the only way to get rid of the text is to specify markers only, and even then the little red and blue arrows pointing to bars and the even smaller associated arrow heads pointing to the execution prices won't go away.

if anyone knows any different please let me know.

Comment

Hello joemiller,

Yes, you are correct. Changing the "Plot executions" parameter in the Data Series window to "DoNotPlot" is the only way to remove text and markers from prior trade executions from the chart. Using "MarkersOnly" will leave the red and blue arrows indicating entry and exit prices and remove the text.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by mjairg, 07-20-2023, 11:57 PM
                              3 responses
                              1 like
                              Last Post PaulMohn  
                              Started by TheWhiteDragon, 01-21-2019, 12:44 PM
                              4 responses
                              0 likes