Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Custom Charts won't open when connected to live data

Greetings,

When i open my save workstation, I am able to view my custome charts and what it looks like when I last signed out of NT. When I go to connect to my data provider (esignal), the charts don't carry over and i just get a basic candlestick chart. trying to load my charts does nothing. when I disconnect from the data source, I am able to pull up my charts again.

How can I get my charts back when connected to live data?

Thanks-

Hilo

It sounds like you might be using some custom indicators that require additional data to be loaded.

When you're actively connected right click your chart -> data series -> increase the days to load to something like 10 days and see if this resolves the issue.

If not please let me know if these are system indicators or ones from a 3rd party source?

Let me know if I can further assist.
    LanceNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi Lance,

Unfortunately that was not the issue. Is there anything else it could be? I reset the instruments and I moved the old database out of my documents to create a new one. Any other ideas? Still not working.

This is custom code that I had created and was working up until a day ago. Using ninja 6.5 with esignal to get FX quotes.

Thanks,

hilo

Comment

Have you recently made changes to your eSignal version?

As a test, please take the following steps to force NinjaTrader to start without your saved workspace. You will have the option to reopen these after our tests.

* Shut down NinjaTrader
        * Navigate to (My) Documents\NinjaTrader 6.5\workspaces
        * Delete the file named "_Workspaces.XML".
        * After deleting this file, restart NinjaTrader which should startup without any workspaces.
        * Once NinjaTrader has started on just the control center, please open a new standard minute chart and test for issue.
        * *Please note this will not delete your workspace however the new blank workspace will be named Untitled1. If you have a workspace already named Untitled1 however you will not want to save the workspace when exiting NinjaTrader, otherwise it will overwrite it.

If there are no issues on this new workspace, please try opening the previous workspace by going to File--> Workspaces--> Open workspace.

If this reintroduces issues, I would suggest rebuilding your workspace. Please keep track of what indicators you add back in so that we can narrow down what indicator is causing the issue if the issue returns.
        LanceNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi Lance,

That seemed to work "well enough". i am able to reload my charts individually, but can't reload my workspace. Worth the hassle though as its better than nothing.

thanks,

hilo

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by ScottWalsh, 04-16-2024, 04:29 PM
          7 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post NinjaTrader_Gaby  
          Started by cls71, Today, 04:45 AM
          0 responses