Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Feed Ninja with a demo generator?

Dear all,

I would like to know if it is possible to *simulate* a continuous live feed with quotes to Ninja, (assuming i write a program that produce/generate continuous some fake ticks produced by a random walk) ?

I'm already capable of generating fake data quotes/timestamp, my question is about how to plug it to Ninja so that it see/use it as a continuous live feed ?

Is it possible ? How should i do ?

(i've already successfully imported some historical data inside NT from a text file, but what about if this text file is conunously growing. Or should it be send by a particular protocol ? which one ?)

(i hope that i do not have miss similar question here)

(i'm in the process of buying Ninja to study it and do some backtests, i'm tired ot these other platforms, but i would not be able to afford having real account during this process, and having a 1 or 2 weeks demo won't be enough...)

thx for any insight or pointers to documentation,

best regards
    Last edited by blt31; 10-04-2013, 02:20 AM.

Hello blt31,

Yes, you can use the External Data Feed for this purpose. Please see the link below for more information.
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hello,

thank you for your reply, actually i have already search a lot and it is very difficult to find any documentation about this importing subject (looking in the links you provide about Ask/Bid is very short...) i was expected there will be more available, or any sample of custom import code...

i've also found some people that explain that "tcp/ip client server communication" may be possible with NT, by the way i didn't found any other information about what kind of network packets that may be sent to NT or what NT expected to receive...

i've also notice an url area in the Instrument Editor, can this be an url to my own tcp/ip server so that i may send some data to URL? may be text-based? using (well i do not know and that is my question) any network protocol? or is only to download a file once?

my interest is really in feeding NT with my own data feed what ever it be...
      Last edited by blt31; 10-04-2013, 07:34 AM.

Comment

Unfortunately there is no other information available on this topic such as a full working example - support is limited in this area. However the following forum thread might be helpful.

Comment

well it could have been very helpful... by the way the links provided in the pointed blog with source code are now broken and there is no real information about how to proceed...

of course i can understand that i have to create something that is going to send data to NT, what ever it be, playing some ticks with ask and bid... but what format does NT expect? this is the undocumented part...

EPF looks like an internal format from my understanding it is rather a kind of replay format that something that can be "live"...

about support, should i understand that i can no have more data from here (i mean NT staff) ? if so, is there any good forum for users only ?
          Last edited by blt31; 10-04-2013, 07:57 AM.

Comment

You might want to check Big Mike's forum and see if there is any information listed there regarding this topic.
            Reviews, Strategies, Indicators & more | NexusFi community forum

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by Waxavi, 04-19-2024, 02:10 AM
            2 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post poeds
            by poeds

Started by chbruno, Yesterday, 04:10 PM