Email Alert Setup fails Test

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Email Alert Setup fails Test

I am trying to setup email alerts under Tools>Options>Misc. (I currently have exact setup in Tradestation which is working just fine on the same computer.) But on NT I get the following error when I try the "Test":
    "Failed to send mail: Failure sending mail"
    I'm sure it is something simple, but right now, I'm unclear what!
    I have an account at Comcast and at gmail, both fail with the same error message.
    dltodd

Hello,

Thank you for your post.

Please see the attached image for an example of the settings you'll need to use with the Comcast account. Please note in the screen shot the user name does NOT contain the "@comcast.net".
    Attached Files
    KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks for the reply!
      But sorry Kyle, that didn't do it. I left off the "@comcast.net" from the User:, used the port 587 and SSL, but i get the same results. Failure sending mail.
      Something else going on!
      dltodd

Comment

Hello,

Please contact me by email at Support AT NinjaTrader DOT com. In the message please include a link to this forum thread and a copy of your Config file. The Config file is located in the Documents > NinjaTrader 7 folder.

Comment

OK Kyle,
          So it works now! What did you do? Was this a config problem on NinjaTrader side?
          Just curious!
          Thank you!
          dltodd

Comment

Hi dltodd,

I'm not 100% certain that we've spoken via email yet. If you've not yet contacted me with the Config file, I had not made any changes however it's possible you'd previously attempted to connect during a period of server maintenance. We typically see periods of server maintenance with nearly all brokers and data providers over the weekends which can result in an inability to connect.

Comment

Hi Kyle,
              You ask in an earlier request that I send you my config file to your support email. I did that and didn't get it back so I assume you got it! Or someone there got it anyway!
              In response to your statement about testing during maintenance, i tried multiple times over the weekend to test the email alert and it wasn't until my previous message time frame did it start working. And I didn't change anything on my end. So this is rather strange!
              Anyway, I hope it continues to work as I need it in order to get certain key alerts from an indicator. I guess all I can say is if it happens again, i'll follow-up!
              dltodd

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by Stanfillirenfro, Today, 07:23 AM
              2 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post Stanfillirenfro  
              Started by rexsole, Today, 08:39 AM
              2 responses
              0 likes