X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Plat form set-up

Good afternoon,

This is my first post.

After a weekend of playing with sotware and watching some videos is this how i set up my platform?

1. Manually setting up my charts to desired ways. (still working on that)
    2. Arranging them all with time&sales, level 2, watch lists etc.
    3. Then choose to save as a new work station/page so when I open it every day all i have to do is enter a tickr and all charts will populate?

Is my thinking on the right track? I have not seen any screen shots around to get ideas.

Thank you
    Stauvo

Hi! Welcome to our forums!

You have the basic idea - the workspaces can be setup and arranged as how you see fit. Once they're saved, they should return after the next time you restart NinjaTrader. You'd then just need to connect to our data provider to get the charts to update at that time.

Please let us know if there is anything we can assist you with as you get started.
    MatthewNinjaTrader Product Management

Comment

Good morning Mathew,

Ok.... I stuggled for 3 hours last night still trying to set up a default work station where
      everything is linked togeather.

I think i'm close but after i try saving, naming then restarting it does not seem to save although the name of my new page is still in the drop down list.

Can you refer me to a step by step process for creating a default station? I am just not seeing what i need in help notes or else I am not looking in right area.

Stauvo

Comment

Morning Stauvo,

Can you detail the exact steps you take to shut down? For example to you go to File--> Exit, and then select save?

Or by chance are you right clicking on the NinjaTrader icon from your Windows task bar and selected "Close All"?

If you're doing the later, this step will actually close all open windows, and then save your workspace with them closed. Please make sure you go to File--> Exit.

If that's not the case, please send us an email to support[at]ninjatrader[dot]com and we can arrange for a tech to give you a call and walk you through this process to see what else might be occurring.

Comment

Good morning Mathew
          Thank you for all your prompt replies.

Yes, I was saving in the wrong way. I also found the process for saving charts in the PDF help guide on Pages 285 - 291 for anyone else in need.

Now when I fireup Ninja I can load my saved page and pick a tickr from my list and it will populate everything on my page.

I am slowly figuring things out.

Stauvo

Comment

I'm glad to hear you are working it out.

Please do not hesitate to utilize our support team for anything you need help with.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by ghoul, Today, 06:02 PM
            1 response
            0 likes
            Last Post NinjaTrader_Manfred  
            Started by jeronymite, 04-12-2024, 04:26 PM
            3 responses
            0 likes