Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Connection Last

Hello,

may I ask you, what is wrong with NT Connection today? Ninja Trader was disconnected and back connected many time. Do you know about this problem? At this moment my Connection is "RED" (Lost), but Data running.

Thanks

Hello mavels,

I am not aware of any connection issues. To what data feed do you connect in NinjaTrader? I suggest to manually disconnect at Control Center-->File-->Disconnect. Subsequently re-connect via Control Center-->File-->Connect and check if the lower left corner of the Control Center states 'Connected' in green.

We realize that lost connections can be frustrating. A connection state between NinjaTrader and your broker/market data vendor is not dictated by NinjaTrader. The NinjaTrader application only reports the connection state as it is reported by the API you are connected through. NinjaTrader behaves like a radio receiver in that it receives signals from the connected server. If the signals are not coming through, the underlying broker/market data vendor API reports this to the NinjaTrader application which in turn reports this back to you. Once a loss of connection is reported, NinjaTrader or the underlying API will continuously try to re-establish a connection.

Common reasons that contribute to connection stability are:

- ISP issues
    - Hardware firewall changing IP addresses frequently
    - Dynamic IP addresses changing frequently intraday. Usually this happens once a week but you may want to check with your ISP. If they do change daily, requesting a static IP address may help.
    - Broker/market data servers may be experiencing temporary downtime
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

is it nt that stops orders being placed when there is a perceived connection problem?

Comment

If you are disconnected, orders cannot be submitted - a connection is required to send over the orders to your broker.

Comment

that wasnt the question
          i am connected to the price feed (the prices are updating)
          the light is amber and the log says the connection to the price feed is lost

Comment

The orange/amber connection color indicates you are disconnected to one of the servers of broker technology connection you use. If you lost connection to the price, no realtime data will be received, so the strategy will not be able to calculate its conditions to submit orders. If disconnected from the order server, NinjaTrader will not have access to your trading account and orders cannot be submitted either.

If the connection stays in an orange/amber color, I suggest to manually disconnect at Control Center-->File-->Disconnect and subsequently re-connect at Control Center-->File-->Connect.

Comment

I understand.

I use ZenFire Data, broker Mirus Futures.I can´t find where problem was, because there were many other possibilities there. I checked it in 4 computers and 4 internet connections... the same problem. Right now is everything OK.

Thanks for information

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by proptrade13, Today, 11:06 AM
              0 responses
              1 view
              0 likes
              Last Post proptrade13  
              Started by kulwinder73, Today, 10:31 AM
              1 response