Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Historical data and bar updates stopped after Kinetick connection re-established

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Historical data and bar updates stopped after Kinetick connection re-established

Today an interesting series of events occurred. At 9:28:49 AM, Kinetick lost connection which was logged in the NT log file. At 9:29:36 AM, the connection was re-established, again logged by NT. However, the bars on the charts stopped updating after this connection loss, and the strategies stopped sending update exit orders, but remained enabled.

Upon checking the historical data, the data stopped being updated 2 days ago on 10/6/13 at 2:49PM, however there was no behavior that would point to the historical data not updating as the charts have been updating bars, and automated orders sent as expected until this connection loss with Kinetick.

I'm guessing this is two separate and unrelated events, but curious why the historical data just stopped updating 2 days ago with no warning, and charts kept updating.

I'm going to update to 7.0.1000.16, but didn't see anything in the release notes that might address this issue.

Hello Smiley,

Thank you for contacting us to report the issue.

So that I may investigate I'd ask that you contact me by email at Support AT NinjaTrader DOT com. In that message please include a link to this forum thread and a copy of your trace files from the last few days.

These diagnostic files is located in the Documents > NinjaTrader 7 > Trace folder. Files are named in a YYYYMMDD format. For example, today's file would be named 'trace.20131009.txt'.
    KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by usazencort, Today, 01:16 AM
    0 responses
    1 view
    0 likes
    Last Post usazencort  
    Started by kaywai, 09-01-2023, 08:44 PM
    5 responses