Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mail alert service

Hi ninjas,

Allegedly, since the NT version upgrade 7.0.1000.16, NT might not send any mail alert until you set your own outgoing mail.

- Is there any way that I could still use NT server just for this purpose? for example in case of disconnection of internet, data suspended...etc

- I have just a gmail account, and if I set this account into NT as an outgoing mail, I can't see the alert in my smartphone ( but the mail indeed is been received by gmail in the browser ), despite actually I can see any other mail.

Any ideas ? I tried to create a yahoo account but neither that one can't work with NT

Hello pstrusi,

Yahoo requires a Yahoo Plus account to be able to use the SMTP/POP3 service that you would have to pay for to use this.

You would not be able to still use NT Servers but you should be able to get emails on your phone just like you would inside of your browser window. You may want to check how often your phone checks your email to get new messages.

Alternatively, you may use Hotmail for the email as well as they offer the SMTP/POP3 service for free like Google but you just have to get verified on their end.

Happy to be of further assistance.
    JCNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Actually I`ve just opened an account in Outlook.com ( former hotmail, live...etc ) my account is :

[email protected] I've tried to configure in NT mail options, but whenever I want to make a test, NT crashes.

- Could you please let know how it must be configured ?
      - Will it be that NE doesn't recognize the [email protected] ?
      - Should my account to have another domain in order that NT could work with it?

Thanks

Comment

Already solved. This is what I've found:

Outgoing server: smtp-mail.outlook.com
        Port: 587 SSL checked
        User: ( your email address )
        Password: ( according to )

Thanks anyway

Comment

Hello pstrusi,

NinjaTrader should not really care what the username is but using Microsoft to send your mail message you have to get verified and change setting inside of your browser before you can use it.

Here is a link to Microsoft's page that goes over what is disabled by default.

So to enable them, you should be able to click on the cog and select "More Mail Settings" -> "Email Forwarding" to get this verification done.

Alternatively, you can just sign up for another gmail account as well.

Happy to be of further assistance.
          JCNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by Waxavi, Today, 02:10 AM
          0 responses
          1 view
          0 likes
          Last Post Waxavi
          by Waxavi