Native error 14 not entitled to this service

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Native error 14 not entitled to this service

OK So I worked through adding the S&P big contract to the instrument manager no big deal. I called earlier today and checked and yes my E Signal data feed includes the entire CME wherein the S&P 500 index future large contract is traded..... So I went through the adding tonight and when attempting to load a chart of SP 06-08 I get the error in the subject line. I went back and checked the instrument manager set up as follows

Master instrument--SP
    Type--Future
    tick size -- .1
    point value 250
    rollover period 3
    Made sure CME and globex are checked on the exchange list and then under misc defined the thing under E Signal as SP.
    Fine. I added SP 06-08 to the market analyzer and it takes it fine...no error message but just no data.

Im certain that the E Signal part got changed over because I dropped the program part of the E Signal account today and also dropped several of the Asian and European markets because I dont track or trade them any longer.....I had to change my user name on the E Signal account in doing all of this and I have logged in using my new user name no problem back during market hours so things work. I have also within the last 5 minutes checked the My Account page on E Signal for a service summary and all is as it is supposed to be --CME enabled. So where is the data for the S&P big contract??

Additionally sincee Im new to Ninja and have searched and have not been able to learn how to define a continuous contract with a symbol like it was possible to do in E Signal --where instead of ES M8 for the front contract it would be ES #F continuously....how are contract rollovers handled with Ninja??

Any suggestions would be deeply appreciated.Thanks to everyone here for the really really excellent support.....

Carr

Sorry, this message comes from eSignal. There is nothing we can do about. You would need to consutt with eSignal support to amend your account.

How to handle rollover: http://www.ninjatrader-support.com/H...sContract.html

Comment

Dierk

Understood completely..... Will talk with them tomorrow first thing in the morning.

As per the other thread thanks very much for the info and support...... Since my last post.......... I went back and unchecked CME and now only have Globex checked for the S&P big contract....pretty much following along with whats done on the ES since I see on the contract page for the big contract that its traded pretty much all the time as is the E mini....

Now when I go in and select new/chart and get format data series..... I select instrument type--future-- then under name I get the small pull down button which leads to the Instrument manager...on the instrument manager window I scroll down to SP--which I added earlier.....double click on SP and it appears in the box in format data series for name.... then I select the expiry which is 04-08......interval settings 1 minute....last date 03/06 (for another 30 something minutes) and click ok....at that point I get a sound and an error message that I need to select an instrument (which is already selected).

Now following this I decide to enter another way and choose the instrument from the default list window (where I entered it on the instrument manager) and the SP big contract shows up in the default instrument list as SP 06-08. I have no idea where the 06-08 came from. In any case if I select that then it loads a chart of the SP and Im assuming that this is the next contract if one will, not the front month. I attempt to delete what I added to the default instrument list and it will not allow that. I can remove it by using the left and right buttons on the instrument manager......

Now-- I deleted and completely re entered the entry for the SP big contract in the instrument manager...then attempted to add it to the default list again and I still get SP 06-08. Any idea why??
      Additionally when I again relaod a 1 minute chart of the SP I again receive the same thinly traded looking chart (no more error messages) but it is only a day session chart if one will unlike the E Mini.....it looks like the next expiraty....

So Im at a loss completely....it loads the chart but appears not to load the front month.........but Im not sure of that...... if I check in the instrument manager and highlight the ES it also says that that expiraty is 06 08 and Globex..... if I scroll down to SP-- the new entry I created...it says the same thing...expiraty 06 08 and globex...so Im at a loss... Ill check with E Signal tomorrow but other than that Ninja appears to be loading the SP just not the right month...even with the "day" chart it s very thinly traded with only ticks for most of the time periods and only maybe 3 small bars the whole day.....and the market days run from 8:30 in the morning until 15:23 in the evening (my computer is on local time....central...rather than East Coast time). So Im pretty much at this point lost....incidentally in the format data service window all of the other instruments in the window are from the default list...... ES YM, ER and so forth.... and their titles are for example ES 03-08 where the SP is 06-08. I have gone back through the connection manager on Ninja and made sure that the new account name is correct (as it is on the E Signal Data manager) so Im pretty lost.
      Suggestions??
      Regards
      Carr

Comment

Update...... I followed the instructions for the rollover..... changed the expiraty to 03/08 and we now have the proper chart...... what an exercise eh??? Sorry to clutter up the forum with ignorance..... thanks again very much for the excellent support...problem solved....

Comment

Glad you got it sorted out.
          Josh P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

All I can say is thanks very much.......

Regards
            Carr

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by alifarahani, 04-19-2024, 09:40 AM
            9 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post NinjaTrader_Jesse  
            Started by mmckinnm, Today, 01:34 PM
            2 responses