Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unable to subscribe to market data : Please assign an additional exchange

Hi All,

I keep getting this error message when I connect Ninjatrader to Interactive Brokers :

Ünable to subscribe to market data : Please assign an additional exchange to this instrument in the Instrument Manager (Name of instrument) Default

I get an error message for most of the instruments that are there in my portfolio, for some other instruments it seems to be working fine.

For example, CLF I am able to connect to market data. However for a stock like GMCR market data does not work.

Any help would be appreciated.

Hello kharith,

You will need to select the exchange in NinjaTrader that is listed for the instrument in TWS.

For example, NASDAQ is listed in TWS for GMCR.

In NinjaTrader you will want to go to Tools > Instrument Manager, search for GMCR, select it and click Edit.
    Then in the Instrument Editor window uncheck the box for Default under Exchange, check the box for NASDAQ and press OK.
    Then if the instrument is on the instrument list, select it, click the > button, click the < button and press OK.

Now open a new chart for the instrument.
    Christopher S.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_ChristopherS View Post
      Hello kharith,

You will need to select the exchange in NinjaTrader that is listed for the instrument in TWS.

For example, NASDAQ is listed in TWS for GMCR.

In NinjaTrader you will want to go to Tools > Instrument Manager, search for GMCR, select it and click Edit.
      Then in the Instrument Editor window uncheck the box for Default under Exchange, check the box for NASDAQ and press OK.
      Then if the instrument is on the instrument list, select it, click the > button, click the < button and press OK.

Now open a new chart for the instrument.
      Hi Christopher thanks for the advice. I followed it to the tee, and GMCR seems to work now and so does AUY. But BWS and OEH don't seem to work! Also unchecking the default box does nothing I think because the next time I go to the instrument manager, it is still checked!

Comment

Hello kharith,

Please make sure you have the NYSE selected for BWS and OEH.

If adding the instrument to the instrument list you will want to select the exchange in the Exchange drop down menu prior to adding the instrument.

Below is a link to the Instrument Manager section of our help guide.

Attached Files
        Christopher S.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by trilliantrader, 04-18-2024, 08:16 AM
        4 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post trilliantrader  
        Started by mgco4you, Today, 09:46 PM
        1 response