Tick Data not showing up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tick Data not showing up

Hey guys I uploaded some new tick data for ES for a few years ago, but in the chart, its not showing up - it just shows a blank chart. I simply copied the data from a zip into the Ninjatrader 7/db/tick folder under ES 03-12 directory and when I tried to create the chart it was not connected to a data source. I also checked the rollover dates for the contracts and those appear to be correct. Any ideas on how to fix?

1. If you have not done so already first restart NinjaTrader.

2. ensure the correct period of time is being used (right click chart -> data series) along with the ES 03-12 contract

If you have done this already, is the timezone of your current computer the same as the timezone that was previously used when you saved the data?

How was the .zip file created that you manually imported? Through the export historical data manager or did you manually create the .zip?
    LanceNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I think the timezone may be different - I think the timezone is Eastern but the server I have is in Central time zone - how do I fix that? I did not create the zip file so I'm not sure how it was created.

The zip file contained the folders like ES 03-12 and I simply moved those folders into the DB/tick location.

Comment

Thanks for that information.

If possible please provide me with an image of your folder (MY)Documents\NinjaTrader 7\db\tick\ES 03-12

To send a screenshot press Alt + PRINT SCREEN to take a screen shot of the selected window. Then go to Start--> Accessories--> Paint, and press CTRL + V to paste the image. Lastly, save as a jpeg file and send the file as an attachment.
        For detailed instructions please visit the following link

* http://take-a-screenshot.org/

If you're unable to do this please send mail to support [at] ninjatrader [dot] com and we can setup a remote session.

Let me know how I can further assist.

Comment

Here you are, the screen from my remote server.
          Attached Files

Comment

Thanks for that. Just so I'm clear is the old data still working properly on your remote server?

If it is, instead of manually transferring the files you can use the historical data manager to export a text file which can then be imported to your other PC.

If you only have this .zip file please write into support so that we can remote in and examine what the cause might be.

Comment

Thanks this issue is closed, it was the time zone. I had to reset it on the server.

Comment

Thanks for the update

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by PaulMohn, Today, 03:49 AM
                0 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post PaulMohn  
                Started by inanazsocial, Today, 01:15 AM