X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Charts missing tick data

Hello,
    I am running 6.0, I use only one chart, a 1 minute chart for ES mini
    I have noticed many times now that I am missing ticks. I notice them because they are at highs or lows on the bars. I am connected to IB. When I refesh the chart all missing ticks come in. I use esignal on a different machine and have noticed the same problem on that machine as well with ninja hooked up.
    I trade with 3 other guys all using Ninja Trader. One is using the Pats feed the other is using TT feed, they are having same problem. Any idea's

I suggest trying our latest 6.5.0.10.

Comment

Does the upgrade fix this problem ? Did you guys see this before from others?
      TY

Comment

Several related issues have been fixed with NT6.5.

Comment

I'm at the download site
          The version you suggest is a Beta version?

Comment

That is correct

Comment

ok got it running, I see some nice improvements! Great job.
              I noticed from the charts you can reload historical data.

So with 6.5 I should not have missing ticks off the bars on the charts anymore? Or did you just put the reload in a more convenient spot to fix missing ticks? Please be specific with your answer. For me missing ticks
              on the charts is a major problem.

Comment

There should never have been missing ticks in the first place. NT does not drop ticks. We deliver whatever the connected API provides to us.
                RayNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I don't mean to open a can of worms, but that is not the case!
                  I am sending you snaps of the charts with the Ninja chart missing a tick in the example. I was watching IB data with Ninja domes under IB
                  I have 1 chart open. This happens often. I work with others having same problem using different feeds. On example of chart snaps I am sending
                  my friend was also missing 1298.75 high, was showing 1298.50 same as me.
                  I also have IB charts running and it showed 1298.75 as high. Somewhere along the line ticks are not getting thru to Ninja charts. I will reference
                  this thread with my email.

TY

Comment

We made some changes to processing ticks in Beta 10 with IB which results in more ticks coming although I thought this was volume related and not price. As Dierk advised, please use Beta 10. On all other feeds, NT does not drop ticks. Please do not confuse dropping ticks with missing ticks. We display what is given to us, if the source has a missing tick then NT will have one too.

Here is more information - http://www.ninjatrader-support.com/H...ChartBars.html

Comment

Ray
                      I am running new version 6.50.10 per Dierk. I am having same problem. Highs and lows not being correct. I run thru IB, you will see IB chart has correct highs in examples I am sending you. IB showed the highs on data and charts. The high ticks in examples did not show up on Ninja charts. I have a friend using Ninja with the Pats feed having same problem. He is sending his charts which I will forward to you, so you can see. So I guess what I am saying is ticks are missing on charts. I not sure what you mean by dropped ticks. Whatever its called is a big problem for me. I hope chart snaps will help you once you see problem.

TY

Comment

Email sent with examples of problem
                        Ref: Thread title
                        TY

Comment

Hi Sptradersr,

If you happen to read my reply, could you please let me know how you fix the problem? I am having the very same problem, live tick chart is totally different from historic chart. Thanks a million

Originally posted by Sptradersr View Post
                          Ray
                          I am running new version 6.50.10 per Dierk. I am having same problem. Highs and lows not being correct. I run thru IB, you will see IB chart has correct highs in examples I am sending you. IB showed the highs on data and charts. The high ticks in examples did not show up on Ninja charts. I have a friend using Ninja with the Pats feed having same problem. He is sending his charts which I will forward to you, so you can see. So I guess what I am saying is ticks are missing on charts. I not sure what you mean by dropped ticks. Whatever its called is a big problem for me. I hope chart snaps will help you once you see problem.

TY

Comment

A similar issue is occurring with TT and Zenfire. The historical data for both will have double the ticks as the live charts.

Comment

Originally posted by biorjin View Post
                              Hi Sptradersr,

If you happen to read my reply, could you please let me know how you fix the problem? I am having the very same problem, live tick chart is totally different from historic chart. Thanks a million
                              Different issue, please do not try to merge.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by Barry Milan, Yesterday, 10:35 PM
                              5 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post NinjaTrader_Manfred  
                              Started by DanielSanMartin, Yesterday, 02:37 PM
                              2 responses
                              0 likes