Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Is it possible to cycle a list of stocks through a chart template?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is it possible to cycle a list of stocks through a chart template?

I've set up a chart template which is designed to find stocks that meet certain criteria, but I'm new to Ninja and, so far, the only way I've discovered to change stocks to view in this chart template is by going back to File > New > Chart . and selecting an instrument or an instrument list. This means that I can set up any number of charts successively and am limited only by the resources of my computer. This is obviously a very useful function where you want to view a number of stocks/charts simultaneously for the sake of comparison. Nevertheless, it is extremely time-consuming.

So, I'm wondering if there is not a function to set up a chart template, select a list of stocks, and then quickly cycle them through the template (i.e., without clearing the chart) . If the list of stocks is, say, 200-strong, then I really would prefer not to have to go through the File > New > Chart > Tools > Instrument Manager > stock list > stock in order to get from one chart to the next. Surely there is a means of setting up the chart template, selecting a list of stocks (or other instruments), and then simply cycling through them one after another. If so, could you tell me how to do this, please?

If such a function does not exist in the program, is it one that you might consider building. It would save a lot of time when it comes to looking through a long list of instruments to find certain criteria.

Thanks for any help you can give me with this.

Terry
    Last edited by Terrence Little; 10-12-2013, 02:58 AM. Reason: correcting bad sentence construction

Hi Terry

This can be achieved by adding your stocks into the Market Analyzer and then linking one chart to the market analyzer window via the same colour linkage.
    Further information on Window Linking can be found in the NinjaTrader Help Guide
    http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/helpGuides/nt7/index.html?window_linking5.htm

I have also previously created a short video which goes through exactly what you're asking, for our clients (Global Trading Tools is a proud 3rd party addon NinjaTrader partner).
    It's the 4th video in a series we made to help clients of our Easy Load ASX equities installer for NinjaTrader, and shows how to easily add stocks to the Market Analyzer and then link them to one chart for quick review.

Here is the link to our "Add Your Share Portfolio Into NinjaTrader's Market Analyzer" video on YouTube (it's only 3:38 mins and I show what you've asked about from around the 1:50 minute mark) if you're interested...
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e2KXDd2Ut7Y&feature=share&list=PLCfcMWdOlJ X2AeehvoRKhxVrZE3U3Mi9v

Cheers
    Stuart
    Last edited by GlobalTradingTools_Stuart; 10-12-2013, 07:40 AM. Reason: fix spacing

Comment

Hello Terry,

Welcome to the NinjaTrader Support Forums!

Stuart is correct that the Market Analyzer would be the best course of action for this.

Alternatively, you can change the Instrument inside a chart to for example "ES 12-13" by using the "on-the-fly" method by left clicking inside the chart and type in the instrument for example "ES 12-13" to change the chart to the "ES 12-13" instrument.

Here is a great video link that will go over the "on-the-fly" method that you may view.

For more information about changing an instrument in a chart you may read the following link.

Let us know if you have any further questions.
      JCNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by usazencort, Today, 01:16 AM
      0 responses
      1 view
      0 likes
      Last Post usazencort  
      Started by kaywai, 09-01-2023, 08:44 PM
      5 responses