Intermittent replay data

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Intermittent replay data

I am using the replay function extensively to practice and test ideas. Fantastic tool. But..., does anyone have a suggestion to work around the following: Very often after the data downloads (using Level I & II) back data within approximately 5 days of the download date is missing. When I back up the start date even though I didn't download any new data and then do a 500x replay up to the point where I want to start, the data fills in just fine. It tends to happen more on replaying Mondays or Tuesday. Find it frustrating that I have to go back to Wed of the previous week and replay through to the Monday or tues. Just seems like a bug because the data is there but the charts don't connect to it. Any suggestions or tricks? using it for the ES future. Thanks

Originally posted by yngtrader View Post
    I am using the replay function extensively to practice and test ideas. Fantastic tool. But..., does anyone have a suggestion to work around the following: Very often after the data downloads (using Level I & II) back data within approximately 5 days of the download date is missing. When I back up the start date even though I didn't download any new data and then do a 500x replay up to the point where I want to start, the data fills in just fine. It tends to happen more on replaying Mondays or Tuesday. Find it frustrating that I have to go back to Wed of the previous week and replay through to the Monday or tues. Just seems like a bug because the data is there but the charts don't connect to it. Any suggestions or tricks? using it for the ES future. Thanks
    I am experiencing the same thing... Very frustrating ..

Comment

Hello yngtrader,

Thank you for your post.

I'm not totally sure that I understand what data is missing in the chart. Can you provide a few images which would illustrate your point?

To send a screenshot press Alt + PRINT SCREEN to take a screen shot of the selected window. Then go to Start--> Accessories--> Paint, and press CTRL + V to paste the image. Lastly, save as a jpeg file and upload the image as an attachment with your reply.
      KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

The issue occurs on both tick and min charts. Since I use mostly tick charts, a simple work around is to change the tick chart by 1 tick. For example if using a 4500 tick chart and the data is missing, I go to 4501 and then it appears. Then if sometimes on the next replay a another chunk of data is missing so I use 4499 and then that data appears. Not perfect but it saves having to run replay for missing days and through weekends. Seemed to work on min charts as well but have to use a 1min increment. Hope that helps

Comment

Originally posted by yngtrader View Post
          Are you talking about what you see on a chart?

Create a new chart, WITHOUT any indicators... does that work?

If so, there is a problem with your indicator... I have this problem too.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by FrancisMorro, Today, 03:24 AM
          0 responses
          1 view
          0 likes
          Last Post FrancisMorro  
          Started by Segwin, 05-07-2018, 02:15 PM
          10 responses
          0 likes