Connecting to IB on different machine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Connecting to IB on different machine

Can NT connect to IB's TWS on another machine, ie another IP address? And if so, I assume TWS must be running on this machine, as NT cannot start an instance of TWS across the network.

Also, in the IB adapter connection options window, there is an SSL checkbox. Does this work with TWS over a network?

BigD

>> Can NT connect to IB's TWS on another machine, ie another IP address?
    Should work

>> I assume TWS must be running on this machine
    correct

>> there is an SSL checkbox. Does this work with TWS over a network?
    Likely not, since NT code has not special handling for SSL.

Comment

Where do I download the IB adapter for NT? I've looked all over your site and can't find it.

Comment

NT already comes with all adapters.

Please see here how to set it up: http://www.ninjatrader.com/webnew/su...ivebrokers.htm

Comment

When I go to create a new connection, I only see esignal, gain, iqfeed, opentick, yahoo, and zen-fire. I do not see IB. Is this because I do not have IB/TWS loaded locally?

I use zen-fire for my normal trading, but was trying to connect to a friends IB account over the internet to possibly trade some markets that my current broker doesn't cover.

Comment

Since you have a live license, you would need to upgrade to our multip-broker license to enable IB and Zen at the same time. Please contact sales at ninjatrader dot com for further information.
            RayNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

What if I didn't care about being connected to both brokers at the same time. I was planning on connecting to IB at night to trade the SGX/Nikkei as my zen-fire broker only covers CME and Eurex. Does my current live license exclude IB?

Comment

You will most likely need a multi-brokerage license. Please contact our sales department at sales[at]ninjatrader[dot] com.
                Josh P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by Big D View Post
                  Can NT connect to IB's TWS on another machine, ie another IP address? And if so, I assume TWS must be running on this machine, as NT cannot start an instance of TWS across the network.

Also, in the IB adapter connection options window, there is an SSL checkbox. Does this work with TWS over a network?

BigD
                  I was just typing a question how to get this to work, because it didn't seem to work. However, it did, so to help others, here's how I did it:

In TWS, I enabled 'Enable ActiveX and Socket Clients', kept the Socket Port at 7496, and added the IP adress of the pc with NT 7 as 'Trusted IP Address'.

On the pc with NT on it, I created an Interactive Brokers account connection, and entered the IP address of the IB TWS pc in the 'Host (optional)' field. Then I changed the 'Client ID' to 1, and kept the rest of the settings on default.

That's all! I didn't even had to change some firewall or router settings. Great.

Please note that I didn't need to install a stand alone version of IB TWS, or to downgrade the TWS client. Both pc's were running Windows 7 Home edition.

Regards,

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                  Started by junkone, Today, 11:37 AM
                  0 responses
                  1 view
                  0 likes
                  Last Post junkone
                  by junkone

Started by quantismo, 04-17-2024, 05:13 PM