reporting after ninja crash?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

reporting after ninja crash?

Hi, I am running NT6.5 which froze just as I entered a trade. My broker got me out of the trade but now NT reports 2 contracts still open. How do I edit the database so that my reporting stays in synch with my actual broker account. Thanks.

If you reconnect it should be in sync. If this is on Globex we have just been informed they may be having some issues right now.
    RayNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

yes - it's bad to trade at the moment - gonna call it a day. However my trades generation shows 2 contracts both short with profit of -2.25 and commission of 2.25. Both are entries. The exits have not synchronised and therfore the profit and cumulative profit figures are wrong. How do I ammend this please?

Comment

Hi,

Can you please go to Tools-->Options-->Misc-tab and click Repair DB. Check if this will solve the issue.
        JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

No this did not work - cum profit is still out and there are now exits for those trades. How would those trades usually be picked up? Does zenfire send trade history back to MT?

Comment

Zen-Fire will send executions back to NinjaTrader for the current trade session. Subsequently, if you log off and back on, all executions should be there, which explains the exit trades.
            JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Sorry Jason I made a typo Doh! That should have been "no exit" trades not "now exit trades". I've logged out and run the generate again and it is still wrong.

Comment

You can try and reset the database via Tools > Options > Misc. This will remove historical execution data. You can then log back into Zen to see if all history is loaded. It may be too late since markets are closed and their servers may have already closed the session.
                RayNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

So if I do this Monday should I get all my data back from the beginning of my account?

Comment

You should be able to get back whatever they report back.
                    Josh P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I reset the DB and Zenfire repopulated the trades but NT did not then populate entry exit columns. Also the missing trades were still missing. Therefore I have reloaded the original database. I guess this makes sense as I suppose the commissions, entry/exit amd targets etc are NT created reporting functions that would only be stored within NT and the Broker trades were most likely done outside of Zenfire. (pls correct me if I am wrong).

I think a method to add a user updated entry to the database would be real helpfull here. - Maybe you could pass it on as a suggestion.

As my actual account is more than reported by NT then I reckon my best option is to add a large commission to my next trade to bring in line. Or... is there a better way of doing it?

PS just to be clear.... I am writing about the account performance reporting. The account tab reports correctly.

Comment

Your understanding is correct. Thanks for the suggestion. Your method of adjusting will work.
                        Josh P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                        Started by wzgy0920, 04-20-2024, 06:09 PM
                        2 responses
                        0 likes
                        Last Post wzgy0920  
                        Started by wzgy0920, 02-22-2024, 01:11 AM
                        5 responses
                        0 likes