TD Ameritrade Symbol Mapping?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TD Ameritrade Symbol Mapping?

I hope someone can help me with this one. I successfully created a connection to my TD Ameritrade account. I can pull up charts with with most of the stocks and indexes, but I can't find the symbol for the E-Mini S&P. I tried the symbol they use in Think or Swim, /ES, but it doesn't recognize it. I searched through the Ninja Instruments Index list, but the only thing there is the regular S&P 500 index. I searched for e-mini, and emini, and nothing came up. No futures are listed at all, but I'm enabled for futures trading.

I called TD Ameritrade to get the correct mapping and their support was no help at all. They were aware that they were Ninja Partners, but the tech rep I spoke with had never even seen the NT Platform. I asked him to ask anyone else there and he said no one knew anything about the platform and to contact you folks.

Can you help? Or do you have a contact at TD Ameritrade that might be able to help?
    Thanks,

Hello,

The TDA API used in NinjaTrader 7 does not support futures. You would only be able to chart and trade Equites.

If you'd like to use NinjaTrader for futures, you will need to open an account with a supported Futures provider.

Click here to view more information on Historical Data and Understand the data provided by your connectivity provider
    MatthewNinjaTrader Product Management

Comment

Thanks for the quick reply Matthew. I also appreciate the link to the brokers showing what they provide. You folks are still the best!

Comment

Will you support Futures some day?

Comment

Hello meyer99,

This is something which our development staff is considering for future versions. I will forward your support for that type of change to them for further consideration.
          KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Kyle View Post
            Hello meyer99,

This is something which our development staff is considering for future versions. I will forward your support for that type of change to them for further consideration.
            Some symbols for the default indexes list are not mapped to DTA symbols (^ADD, ^ADV, etc). Can you please explain how to complete mapping these symbols for TDAmeritrade?

Thanks.

Comment

Hello aligator,

You may add symbol mapping:

- From the NinjaTrader Control Center >Tools menu, select Instrument Manager.
              - Search for your index >Select from the table >then click on Edit.
              - From the Instrument Editor > the Misc tab, you should find TDAmeritrade.
              - Enter the symbol mapping > then OK >OK to save this change.

You may find symbol mapping for TDAmeritrade on the symbol look up page through the link to their website included below.

Save time choosing investments with Schwab's award-winning investment research tools. Access screeners, top picks, expert commentary, detailed quotes, and more.
              ArceliaNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by helpwanted, Today, 03:06 AM
              0 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post helpwanted  
              Started by Brevo, Today, 01:45 AM
              0 responses
              0 likes