X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

thanks Sledge, most helpful!

Comment

jason.

Since two days I am experiencing something similar. I used to right click on a chart, and then chose to send the image of that chart as an email to a friend and myself. Used to work just fine for the last 2-3 years that I recall. But since two days, what arrives in my Gmail InBox is a message saying something like failed to deliver etc. I thought it had something to do with whatever - I just did not know. But now I saw this thread here so thought I should let you know.

I reverted to saving the chart as an image on the desktop, then import that image into my email program as an attachment, then send it. Let me know if you need a copy of the FailedDelivery message and I can send it to you.

sandman

Comment

sandman,

Please provided me with an image of the settings you use in the Misc tab of the Options menu.
        KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Kyle.

Image is attached hereto. I never filled in anything there. When I use the TEST button, and put in my email address, then a few seconds later that test email is in my InBox. I use a Gmail account.

sandman
          Attached Files

Comment

sandman,

While not including settings would have worked in the past, you will need to actually configure this menu in the current release. Please see Jason's post #2 in this thread for an overview of the settings you'll need to use.
            KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Another Possible Fix for Gmail Issues

I spent the better part of the day trying to get the SendMail and Options > Misc > Test... to work. I went through the same exercise as jorxster to no avail.

But... then I remembered that gmail has this 2-step authentication process for outside apps. I went into my gmail account settings, created a NinjaTrader specific password, and voila, success.

Thought I'd pass along in case anyone else has been having trouble getting their gmail hookup to work.

Comment

Originally posted by secreteditor View Post
                But... then I remembered that gmail has this 2-step authentication process for outside apps. I went into my gmail account settings, created a NinjaTrader specific password, and voila, success.
                Sounds good. Where in the gmail account settings exactly do you do this? Accounts? Filters? Forwarding and POP/IMAP? And then how? Would appreciate some more details to be able to do it too.

sandman

Comment

If you go to this link -- http://www.google.com/landing/2step/ -- and click "Get Started" you can login to your password settings.

Click on the "App-specific Passwords" tab. Then click the "Manage application-specific passwords" button.

In Step1, name your application, e.g. "NinjaTrader." In Step 2, you'll get a 16 letter one-time use password. This is what you enter into Tools > Options > Misc. I used Port 587 with SSL on. Should work after that but let me know if you have more Qs.

Comment

Originally posted by secreteditor View Post
                    If you go to this link -- http://www.google.com/landing/2step/ -- and click "Get Started" you can login to your password settings.

Click on the "App-specific Passwords" tab. Then click the "Manage application-specific passwords" button.

In Step1, name your application, e.g. "NinjaTrader." In Step 2, you'll get a 16 letter one-time use password. This is what you enter into Tools > Options > Misc. I used Port 587 with SSL on. Should work after that but let me know if you have more Qs.
                    Thanks secreteditor. That's clear but unfortunately not to my liking as it requires giving Google my phone number.

sandman

Comment

NinjaTrader and GMAIL

OK - the 587 and the 465 ports don't work, last week my NT was working fine sending emails, I had a major problem and had to completely reload NT and now I can not for the life of me get GMAIL and NT talking for sending email, any new suggestions?

I even tried the password specific app option not working either...

Comment

These settings continue to work fine for me.

FWIW, I have found the first or initial setup of this within NT to usually not begin working, until NT has been restarted; have found this to be the case on many a fresh/new install of NT. Not sure if you have restarted NT after inputting these settings.
                        Attached Files

Comment

Thank I will try that one...

Comment

Potential Solution for Gmail Authentication issue

So I was attempting to set up a new computer that had never been used to log into my Gmail account. I was getting the Authentication error also. Google flagged this as suspicious activity and sent me an email. On it, there was a link to investigate and correct the issue.

Once I selected "It was me", Ninja has able to send email. See the attached...
                            Attached Files

Comment

I experienced all the above issues with gmail. It's working fine until its triggered but some event and then it isn't working. In my case I had and overflow of emails which google flagged as spam and hence stop delivering my emails. The solution is simple, simply log into your gmail account, this will let gmail know that you're not a computer and that you're a human. This happens to me whenever my strategy goes berserk and I experience a massive overflow of emails. Simply logging into your account solves these issues, at least for me.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by wzgy0920, 02-22-2024, 01:11 AM
                              5 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post wzgy0920  
                              Started by wzgy0920, Yesterday, 09:53 PM
                              2 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post wzgy0920