Slippery grid column widths

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Slippery grid column widths

I see from other posts from years back that the "slippery grid column width" problem has been around for awhile. My scenario is this:
    • Two workspaces loaded
    • A MarketAnalyzer window in each workspace
    • Switching back and forth between the two workspaces alters the MarketAnalyzer grid appearance so that each column reverts to its apparently-default-behavior of equal-width design, undoing any column width customization that I have performed.

As others have mentioned, this behavior is very annoying. So, too, is the behavior of columns other than the one I'm adjusting, which change width according to some obscure algorithm. I suppose this behavior was supposed to be helpful in some way. It is not.

Couldn't you eliminate that "feature" of automatically adjusting grid column widths and just let us set our own column widths manually and then have NinjaTrader leave them alone?

On a related note, workspace window Z-order is also slippery. The workaround I've found for that problem is to edit the workspace XML to my desired Z-order, which then seems to stick.

HI,

Thank you for your report.

We are aware of some limitations with the column grids which we are redoing in the next major release of NinjaTrader. At this time, we would not see any changes in the current release of NinjaTrader 7. Our development team is focusing their efforts on the next major release and any changes/fixes to known issues will be added in the next major release.

Please let me know if you have any questions.
    MatthewNinjaTrader Product Management

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by traderqz, Today, 12:06 AM
    2 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post traderqz  
    Started by RideMe, 04-07-2024, 04:54 PM
    5 responses
    0 likes