Interactive brokers Level 2 NO EXCHANGES

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Interactive brokers Level 2 NO EXCHANGES

I have conneted my Ninja7 to my interactive brokers account.

I have opened level II window and added a symbol for a US stock (IBM lets say)

My interactive brokers account is subsribed to all possible exchanges (venues) - NYSE, ARCA, NASDAQ... etc.
    So, when I open up Level II window in IB I get combined qoutes for all those excahnges and an ID of that exchange where the quote came from.

I am trying to replicate the same in Ninjatrader.

First, I have tried adding all those possible exchanges in the Instrument Editor (with the default exchange, which you cannot un-select). Result - it defaults to 1 exchange. (for instance NASDAQ for AAPL and NYSE for IBM).

Second, I tried only adding 1 exchange in the Instrument Editor (also, with default option). Result - It does show data for a selected exchange but it does not specify it in ID column in Level II, the column is blank.

Please help me merge all those feeds into 1 Level II. Also, i need the ID column to actually specify which exchange it came from and not just be blank.

Thank you

Hello Nik77,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the NinjaTrader support forum!

Please right click in your Level II window > select Instruments... > Select > Stock > type in IBM > select Default for the exchange > OK.

You should now see all the market makers in the Level II window.

For information on the Level II window please visit the following link: http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/h...7/level_ii.htm

Please let me know if I may be of further assistance.

Comment

Nik77, to further clarify your inquiry - with displaying the cumulative depth info / total view here you're running unfortunately into a known limitation from the API, so the info provided natively in TWS would not be available to us. You can select a specific exchange (so except SMART) though to get the Level 2 for that venue (valid ones would be NYSE, NASDAQ, ARCA and BEX).
      BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi,

thanks for your response.

It only shows 1 quotes from 1 market maker which is NYSE for this stock.

All the rest (which I have in IB) - ARCA, NASDAQ, BATS, BYX ... etc are not there.

Thanks

Comment

Ok, so the most basic thing that you can think of for US stocks - BBO (best bid offer) from multiple market makers is NOT available?

Is that correct?

Comment

Correct, this is a limitation of the API.

IB aggregates level 2 from several provides with the various buttons on MD trader, which the API does not provide.

As a result, there are expected differences between TWS order book and what you see in NT
            MatthewNinjaTrader Product Management

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by alifarahani, Today, 09:40 AM
            2 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post alifarahani  
            Started by junkone, Today, 11:37 AM
            3 responses
            0 likes