2 different timeframe chart on the same panel hide each other

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2 different timeframe chart on the same panel hide each other

I am trying to set 30 second chart on a 5 min chart of the same instrument. So I get the 2 on the same panel, but the 5 min hides the 30 sec. I know there is a work around but I can't find it.

Hello Shai Samuel,

Thank you for your post.

So that I can better advise on the best way to resolve this, please provide me with an image of your chart.

To send a screenshot press Alt + PRINT SCREEN to take a screen shot of the selected window. Then go to Start--> Accessories--> Paint, and press CTRL + V to paste the image. Lastly, save as a jpeg file and attach the file to your next reply here at the forum using the paperclip icon.
    KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Can't show it since they are blocking the other one, but I will try to explain better.
      I start a new chart and add an instrument (ES) with 5 Min TimeFrame.
      I add additional same (ES) instrument with 30 Sec Time Frame.
      If they are on a different panels, its all good. But I would like them to show on the same panel, where the 30 Sec bars are shown "within" the 5 min bars. When I change the panel to show the same panel, I can only see the 5 Min timeframe, since it's hiding the 30 Sec ones.

Comment

Hello,

My best guess based on your description is that this display issue relates (at least in some way) to Z-Order. Please read the following link to a Help Guide article which discusses Z-Order then try adjusting the property within the chart: http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/h...ng_a_chart.htm

Comment

Thanks, it is the Z-Order that I need to adjust. Since I don't have a middle mouse wheel (using Parallels on a Mac), is there any other way to set it (Properties...)?

Comment

Hello,

Unfortunately, there is no other way to adjust Z-Order in the chart. If you'll send me the workspace you're using via email at Support AT NinjaTrader DOT com I could make the change for you however.

In the message, please include:
            1.) A link to this thread.
            2.) A copy of your workspace: Documents > NinjaTrader 7 > Workspaces > **name of your workspace**.xml
            3.) Clarification as to which chart you want me to adjust.

Comment

Thanks Kyle, so from what you say, it looks like there is a way to edit the workspace file. I open it, and I was able to find the z-order of the 2 bars and swap them.

This appears not to be the problem. The issue is actually the width of the bars. Once I set the width of the 5 min to be wider, I started to see the picture.

Thanks

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by cre8able, Today, 03:20 PM
              0 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post cre8able  
              Started by Fran888, 02-16-2024, 10:48 AM
              3 responses
              0 likes