Data Series - Period Changing in Control Center Strategies Tab

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Data Series - Period Changing in Control Center Strategies Tab

I have been working on a strategy with the strategy analyzer and found the best result was from a Data Series - Period of 250 ticks however when I place this in the parameters in the Strategies tab and enable the strategy is changes the parameter to 21 ticks.

Just looking for an idea of what might be going on.

Welcome to our forums here - this would be caused likely by a BarsPeriod call in one of your strategy Initialize() methods, as this method would be called across all strategies then > you could see this change taking place. I would therefore suggest going through your scripts and ensuring no such call is done and then recheck matters.
    BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thank You -

I checked all scripts, however did not find a BarsPeriod call in any strategy and I have noticed it does it immediately when I click ok from adding the new strategy not when I enable the strategy.

Comment

Originally posted by deathstar View Post
        I have been working on a strategy with the strategy analyzer and found the best result was from a Data Series - Period of 250 ticks however when I place this in the parameters in the Strategies tab and enable the strategy is changes the parameter to 21 ticks.

Just looking for an idea of what might be going on.
        Look at the way that you defined the properties for the parameter. It sounds like you have limited it to a maximum value of 21?

Comment

Well I figured it out / didn't figure it out. I thought about it (period) should not be a variable parameter in the script so I just made a new clean version and it doesn't have the problem.
          Last edited by deathstar; 10-27-2013, 06:05 PM.

Comment

I have noticed that Period pops up under parameters after I optimize the Data Series in the strategy analyzer.

It is now doing it on several of my scripts and the Period under parameters is never what I put for the Data Series. However, sometimes it will change the Data Series to the number under Parameters.

Comment

After playing with it some more if I run a optimization with Optimize Data Series: False
              It fixes the problem.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by love2code2trade, 04-17-2024, 01:45 PM
              4 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post love2code2trade  
              Started by alifarahani, Today, 09:40 AM
              2 responses
              0 likes