Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Crosshair disappears, can't type

Hi NT,

When I am typing symbol or timeframe codes onto an active chart window for fast switching the crosshair/cursor randomly disappears, and whenever I type on the chart it just generates error sounds until I move my mouse and reinstate the existence of the crosshair in the window.

It is EXTREMELY annoying to take my hands off the keyboard every 3-4 switches to bump my mouse so I can continue typing and switching symbols and timeframes.

How can I fix this?

Thanks

I've confirmed over and over that the window I'm in in MS windows 7 is the ACTIVE window

Comment

Hello entropy,

I am not able to reproduce the missing cross hair on my end so far. Do you notice this behavior in each chart you test? If not, do you notice any consistency between the charts that experience the issue.

Can you please send me your log and trace files, so I can investigate. Go to Control Center-->Help-->Mail to Support in NinjaTrader. Put 'Att Jason, Crosshair disappears, can't type' in the subject field and enable 'Log and trace files'.
      JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Yes it's in every chart I test whether pointer crosshair or global crosshair is selected

Submitting the logs/traces through the program itself isn't working where should I find and email to you?

Comment

Log and trace files can be found at the following locations. Please attach them in your email to support[at]ninjatrader[dot]com and put 'Att Jason, Crosshair disappears, can't type' in the subject header.

C:\-->Users-->*Windows user account*-->(My) Documents--> NinjaTrader 7--> Log--> log.20131017 for today. (log.yyyymmdd for any other date)

C:\-->Users-->*Windows user account*-->(My) Documents--> NinjaTrader 7--> Trace--> trace.20131017 for today. (trace.yyyymmdd for any other date)
          JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by Mindset, 05-06-2023, 09:03 PM
          9 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post ender_wiggum  
          Started by Mizzouman1, Today, 07:35 AM
          4 responses
          0 likes