Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Colour of Connection Status Changes Brown

Dear Sir,

The colour of the connection status is usually Green but very often now and then this changes to orange as in the attached screen. Is this normal? Does this mean there is a connection problem. I have connection through the same link to other data provider as well but there's no connection problem.

Thanks.

Tiffany
    Attached Files

Hello Tiffany,

Thank you for your post.

The Orange Connection State will indicate that a disconnect from either the price or order servers has occurred but not both.

If you go to the Log tab of the NinjaTrader Control Center you should see a report in a line that describes which server if any is disconnected.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Comment

Dear Patrick,

Keep having connection problem. It changes brown many times and turn red once showing connection lost. I have another charting program running on IQFeed without problem. Doesn't seem to be my connection link. What can I do? I'm also trading a LIVE Account. This has created quite a bit of problem.

Thanks.
      Tiffany

Comment

Different brokerage adapters have different thresholds of sensitivity for packet loss and latency. CQG will be one of the first to notify you as the timeout period is much lower than other technologies. We work very closely with CQG on these items and have not had any global reports in quite some time regarding this behavior.

We typically find that these are isolated incidents related to different routers between the local client and the brokerage servers. Are you currently connected via a router? If so can you please connect directly to your modem and let me know if the issue persists.
        Christopher J.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Dear Christopher,

Has checked the log file. The Price Feed is OK. Only the Primary Server has connection lost. Will check the router and see but may be this is not a connection problem. Any comment?

Best regards,

Tiffany

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by ghoul, Today, 06:02 PM
          3 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post NinjaTrader_Manfred  
          Started by jeronymite, 04-12-2024, 04:26 PM
          3 responses