market replay not advancing prices

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

market replay not advancing prices

Market replay has suddenly stopped advancing the chart on each tick. Superdom also does not show price ticks although a price scale is shown. The Time on the replay slider is advancing, however.
    I can only get the subsequent price ticks to appear by left clicking the mouse on each chart, but this is not a solution..
    I have upgraded to R17, rebooted and reset database but those did not help. Trace file attached. There are no log errors.
    Attached Files

Hello roland_nt,

Could it be you do not have Market Replay data available for the instrument/time that is replayed? You can check what Market Replay data you have available by right clicking the Market Replay control window and select 'Available Data'. Click the plus icon in front of the instrument in question to see the times you have data available. If you do not click the plus icon, it can seem you have data for all hours as per the start and end dates.

Market Replay data is saved at the following location.

C:\-->Users-->*Windows user account*-->(My) Documents--> NinjaTrader 7-->db-->data

The "data" folder contains folders named per date which in turn contain .ntm and .nt2 files per instrument. If the file structure in the "data" folder is changed, it will cause issues. Please make sure the "data" folder only contains folders named per date and no other folders or files.
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

market replay not advanv cing prices

Thanks for your reply.
      The market data in question has worked ok for weeks.
      I use the same data over and over for back testing.
      The time period I am using is showing data as available.
      Here is another symptom that may help.
      When I try to change the time period
      using "go to" or use the slider, nothing happens. No hourglass..
      The slider will update the "replay" time line. but goto will not update it.
      In either case, although the time on the Replay line adnvances, the
      chart displays do not.
      Possibly we should do a computer to computer connection.

Comment

Can you please proceed as follows. Shut down NinjaTrader and navigate to the folder below.

C:\-->Users-->*Windows user account*-->(My) Documents--> NinjaTrader 7-->workspaces

Delete the _Workspaces.xml file. This ensures no workspaces are opened on startup.

Start NinjaTrader and connect to the Market Replay. Open a chart and hit the Play button. Check if the chart receives realtime data as expected. Subsequently test again, this time with a SuperDOM opened as well.

For what instrument and time period, do you not receive data?

Did you download or record the Market Replay data?
        JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

market replay freezing

Tried deleting _Workspaces, restarting and making new chart. Chart advanced ok initially. Adding the superdom did not work, there was no price action, just center column prices. I was using ES 9-13 recorded data (which was working ok). Tried ZB, ZN with similar erratic results.

Comment

Hello roland_nt,

Thanks for your reply.

Please set the From and To date to a single day
            Right click on the Market Replay controller and select Available Data
            Ensure that the correct expiry is selected for the desired date
            Move the slider to a time the market is open such as 10 am and press Play
            Select the same instrument/expiry in the Control Center, does it update?
            If so how about when you open a blank chart (no indicators/templates applied) for the same instrument?

If you do not get data in either of these we would be happy to set up a remote call. Please email us at support[at]ninjatrader[dot]com and provided a link to this forum topic so we may assist you further.
            BrandonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

market replay not advancing properly

RE forum link: http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/f...eplay+freezing

Setup Market Replay as suggested, from- to on same day. Slider would initially move to 10 am, Blank chart and control center would update, but superdom would not. Available data display was correct on boundaries.
              When trying to reset to a new time frame using slider, prices would nevertheless pick up where last paused. A new "goto" setting in the same day was ignored.
              I noticed that even though paused, the trace file kept growing.
              Trace file zip attached.
              Per instructions I am copying in Support.

Comment

market replay freezing

JC
                re trace file containing
                "
                2013-10-18 22:04:13:000 *************** unhandled exception trapped ***************
                2013-10-18 22:04:13:000 Value was either too large or too small for an Int32."

"Usually this is due to a 3rd Party Party Indicator that can effect your NinjaTrader. I am going to have you remove the "_Workspace.xml" file again but also rename your "Untitiled1.xml" to make sure that NinjaTrader starts up with fresh copy"

Your surmise that the workspace got corrupted is correct.. I removed _Workspace.xml and Untitiled1.xml.
                and had no trouble in the control center. As soon as I loaded the old workspace, the freezing returned. There are no third party indicators except my own, so I will have to hunt down what might be the issue.

I did start a new workspace, made one chart with my typical chart template and things were ok. So It will be a bit of a hunt, but I now know what to be alert for.

Is there a typical error you know of which causes the trace message?

Thanks for your help.

Comment

Hello roland_nt,

Thanks for your reply.

I'm glad to hear you got it working.
                  This message indicates that an invalid number is being used for an integer.
                  I would recommend rebuilding your workspace adding 1 indicator at a time to narrow down the culprit and then debugging the NinjaScript.
                  BrandonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                  Started by FrazMann, Today, 11:21 AM
                  0 responses
                  1 view
                  0 likes
                  Last Post FrazMann  
                  Started by geddyisodin, Yesterday, 05:20 AM
                  8 responses