Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PROP shop that supports NT

Hi......

I have sent NT support multiple emails regarding this issue. Even shared many private messages with Wesley. And he has not stopped responding.

A while back I responded on a thread where the OP was asking if there are any prop shops that support NT. I (after doing research) responded back and said there are NO prop shops out there for STOCK trading that support NT. There are MANY brokers out there that support futures but NONE for stock trading.

Instantly my response was deleted and Wesley told me that there indeed are many prop shops that support NT for stock trading but he could not actually give me a name of the prop shop that actually does this. In my email exchanges the support told me that interactive broker has account managers that do prop trading and I was told to contact them. Which also did not yield any results.

I'm very frustrated bc i spent several months developing trading strategies and now I cant even use them because there are NO PROP shops that actually support NT.

So if NT support keeps saying that there indeed are prop shops out there... can you guys share with me the names of those prop shops in this thread?!? And please don't share w/ me the one that is out of south africa..

Originally posted by calhawk01 View Post
    Hi......

I have sent NT support multiple emails regarding this issue. Even shared many private messages with Wesley. And he has not stopped responding.

A while back I responded on a thread where the OP was asking if there are any prop shops that support NT. I (after doing research) responded back and said there are NO prop shops out there for STOCK trading that support NT. There are MANY brokers out there that support futures but NONE for stock trading.

Instantly my response was deleted and Wesley told me that there indeed are many prop shops that support NT for stock trading but he could not actually give me a name of the prop shop that actually does this. In my email exchanges the support told me that interactive broker has account managers that do prop trading and I was told to contact them. Which also did not yield any results.

I'm very frustrated bc i spent several months developing trading strategies and now I cant even use them because there are NO PROP shops that actually support NT.

So if NT support keeps saying that there indeed are prop shops out there... can you guys share with me the names of those prop shops in this thread?!? And please don't share w/ me the one that is out of south africa..
    Should hardly make a difference. You can use NinjaTrader to generate your signals and place your trades on whatever platform the Prop Firm uses, provided you can actually place orders as you wish.

One UK firm actually asked for potential traders on this forum. It turned out that they were using a platform so dumb that you were required to either place orders at least 2.5 points away from the market or else use market orders with a 3-tick Bid/Ask spread on /ES !! What that means of course is that you cannot place momentum trades just behind or ahead of the market. Hardly a sensible recipe for a day trader who wants to control slippage. If you do not mind such ridiculous constraints, then it is eminently possible to trade with such a Prop Firm.

Of course, there a Prop Firms that use more sensible platforms. You just have to find one that uses a sensible platform, use your laptop with NinjaTrader to generate your signals, and then trade them using their platform.

Very few prop firms will allow you to run your automated strategies anyway: most of them prefer human traders to place orders manually. If they auto-trade, they have their own programmers writing their programs.
    Last edited by koganam; 10-25-2013, 12:32 AM.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by WHICKED, Today, 12:45 PM
    2 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post WHICKED
    by WHICKED

Started by GussJ, 03-04-2020, 03:11 PM
    15 responses
    0 likes