Applause - Applause

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Applause - Applause

I wanted to share with both the Staff at NT and anyone that might come upon this message in the future.

I have been involved with technical trading since before computers were available - using chart books and jumped into the computer arena well before there were software packages for charts. I share this to qualify that I have countless hours working in the trading arena having made use of many software packages both off the shelf and custom programmed.

While getting started and getting familiar with any new software especially in the arena of trading is met by me with stress and at times frustration, it has been a truly welcomed and appreciated experience to be working at any hour day or night and hammer out an email about something I was having a problem with. Whether the problem was I was mentally blocked, did not understand or found a problem I knew I would be able to "talk" it through with someone - shortly after sending.

Yesterday I had reached a point where for one trading approach using NT for trade automation of TS 8.3 signals I felt it ready for a demo test. For sure I made use of the demo via the simulator / MBT to develop the code and to become familiar. But when talk of running a test I might better describe the process as torture. My test consisted of running charts on 8 different pairs at 3 Ticks. Each strategy has code in it to scale in and out of up to 30 positions long or short. I turned it on and fired everything up to be honest waiting for a quick failure of one kind or another.

I was truly impressed with what unfolded. Having the log open along with my task manager to see the cause and affect of this beating, I was able to watch the NT log scroll at a speed that blurred the typeset. By my rough estimation there were 1 to 2 trades taking place per second. I watched the resource demand grow to the point that I knew the computer was going to hit the wall - which it did after processing more than 5000 trades correctly without delay (based on the comparing position sizes in NT and TS). This is some piece of software!! You do good work and I appreciate it!!!

While not yet ready to go live - (need to run everything in demo mode) I hope to soon!

Thank you Ninja Team!

Don

Don thank you for sharing your experience. We at NinjaTrader truly appreciate the praise. Thank you and good luck with your strategy!
    Josh P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by chbruno, Today, 04:10 PM
    0 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post chbruno
    by chbruno

Started by josh18955, 03-25-2023, 11:16 AM
    6 responses