Cannot Cancel Orders and Can't Get Replay Connection Working

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cannot Cancel Orders and Can't Get Replay Connection Working

Hi there. I have 2 problems. Whenever I try to send an email through NT to support, it says the connection failed, so I'm posting here.

1st Problem:

I have some old SIM orders in CL that I cannot get rid of. Whenever I hit x in the orders page to get rid of them, it does nothing. Here is what I mean: http://screencast.com/t/0r4Eg2sCwof

2nd Problem:

I cannot get the Market Replay working. When I load up market replay, there is no replay bar. Any ideas?

Thanks so much.
    Last edited by lllusion; 10-18-2013, 08:47 PM.

Hello lllusion,

1. To remove the orders you may want to reset the simulation account so that it will clear all historical trade data from this account. Please follow the instructions below to reset a simulation account.

From the NinjaTrader Control Center window select the menu Tools > Options
    Select the "Simulator" tab
    Press the "Reset" button

2. Are you using a ##-## (Continuous Contract) in the Market Replay?

Can you verify that you have Data for the Days/Times in question by right clicking inside of the Market Replay Controller and select Available Data?

Here is a video demonstrating how to work with Market Replay Data and how to check what data you have available.
    Download NinjaTrader FREE at http://www.ninjatrader.comThis video demonstrates how to connect to and use the Market Replay connection with NinjaTrader 7 to f...

On the issue about your email not getting sent out. These errors are usually caused by your ISP or router blocking SMTP port 25.

To bypass this issue you may want to use your own e-mail provider, to use your own provider please visit the forum link below for further information.

Below is a list of known e-mail settings and information demonstrating configuring e-mail alerts within NinjaTrader. Included are settings which have been tested with basic accounts. Please ensure that your settings are configured identically to those included, as some only use the beginning of the e-mail address and do not

Happy to be of further assistance.
    JCNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

1. Okay, went ahead and reset my SIM data and the problem is solved.

2. Nope, I'm pretty sure I'm not using a continuous contract. I'm trying to load the ES 12-13. It's not ##-## as far as I know.

My main problem is I have no "Replay Control Window" - as per what that video called it. That's what you mean by Market Replay Controller, right? Any way to reset the settings to get it back or something?

I am familiar with Market Replay and have used it before in the past. There was a gap of time where I haven't been using it, and when I decided to use it again, the Replay Control Window was gone. So I tried uninstalling & reinstalling the program, but it didn't fix the issue. Hmmm...

Comment

Hello,

To restore the playback control window, please follow the instructions listed below:
        • Shut down NinjaTrader.
        • Open the Documents > NinjaTrader 7 > Workspaces folder.
        • Delete the file named '_Workspaces'.
        • Restart NinjaTrader.

After restarting NinjaTrader please reconnect to Market Replay and the playback control window should become available once again.
        KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I figured out what the problem was. I had a different multiple monitor setup earlier, and when using my new one, NT would put the play bar off my visible screens.

I thought it might be this, and so I removed all monitors and just had 1 single monitor, but it still didn't show up.

What I had to do was go back to my old monitor setup, grab the play bar way off to the furthest right monitor, and drag it back to be over the main control center window on my main monitor.

Problem solved. Okay thanks for all of the help guys. I appreciate it.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by trilliantrader, Today, 08:16 AM
          2 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post trilliantrader  
          Started by samish18, Today, 08:31 AM
          1 response
          1 view
          0 likes