CLISecure

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CLISecure

Hey guys, I heard that you can use something called CLISecure to protect your source code for your NT strategies. Do you have instructions to install and use this product? I want a basic level of security for when im running my strategy on my VPS server so people who own the server cant see the source code there.

Thanks,
    EliteTraderNYC

Hello EliteTraderNYC,

Thank you for your post.

You can find information on CLISecure at the following link: http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/h...l_security.htm

Please let me know if I may be of further assistance.

Comment

Originally posted by elitetradernyc View Post
      Hey guys, I heard that you can use something called CLISecure to protect your source code for your NT strategies. Do you have instructions to install and use this product? I want a basic level of security for when im running my strategy on my VPS server so people who own the server cant see the source code there.

Thanks,
      EliteTraderNYC
      Before you waste your money, I would suggest that you do a web search for just how useless that product is in protecting your code. I know a free product that will reverse your protection in usually less than a minute, but I will leave you to discover the details for yourself. In fact, I once actually mentioned the product in these fora, and NinjaTrader (correctly, in my opinion, with hindsight), removed the post, as it, in effect, used NT fora to give immediate access to a program that invalidated a NT partner's product. Warnings, on the other hand, are a different kettle of fish.

What I have said is absolutely true about the free product. I have conflicting opinions/reports about the efficacy of the full product in protecting NT code. Unfortunately, once I was burned by the free product, I was reluctant to spend money on the full product, to get any first hand experience.
      Last edited by koganam; 10-20-2013, 03:15 PM.

Comment

Thanks for the tip, but I'm only interested in a minimum level of protection right now. Will worry about fullproof later on when I'm in real production.

Comment

Originally posted by elitetradernyc View Post
          Thanks for the tip, but I'm only interested in a minimum level of protection right now. Will worry about fullproof later on when I'm in real production.
          I believe that my post already addresses this. Just exercise your Google-Fu.

Comment

Originally posted by koganam View Post
            Before you waste your money, I would suggest that you do a web search for just how useless that product is in protecting your code. I know a free product that will reverse your protection in usually less than a minute, but I will leave you to discover the details for yourself. In fact, I once actually mentioned the product in these fora, and NinjaTrader (correctly, in my opinion, with hindsight), removed the post, as it, in effect, used NT fora to give immediate access to a program that invalidated a NT partner's product. Warnings, on the other hand, are a different kettle of fish.

What I have said is absolutely true about the free product. I have conflicting opinions/reports about the efficacy of the full product in protecting NT code. Unfortunately, once I was burned by the free product, I was reluctant to spend money on the full product, to get any first hand experience.
            @koganam, so what do you end up using to protect your OSI product line? Thanks.
            Cheers,
            -wb

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by Pattontje, Yesterday, 02:10 PM
            2 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post Pattontje  
            Started by flybuzz, 04-21-2024, 04:07 PM
            17 responses