Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

NT crashed, and now Indicator can't compile, "NinjaTrader 7" folder remains readonly

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NT crashed, and now Indicator can't compile, "NinjaTrader 7" folder remains readonly

I wrote an indicator which worked well. I made a small change and got NT to crash. After restarting (both the windows & NT), NT starts, but when I open the workspace it crashes again.

After restarting (both the windows & NT), I opened the Indicator editor, removed the last changes and try to compile, but got an error message "Source file 'C:\Users\shai\Documents\NinjaTrader 7\bin\Custome\Indicator\._bdtPowerPriceAction.cs' could not be found" CS2001 (see attached). I quit NT, removed it from my windows and try to rename the folder "Ninjatrader 7" to a different name, I get the message "The action can't be completed because the folder or a file in it is open in another program. Close the folder or file and try again.

I did try to install NT in a new location but the message is still the same (NT in a new location, by its using the files on the NinjaTrader 7 locations).

I did try to unlock and set readonly attributes of this folder by command line, but it did not help.
    Attached Files

Hello Shai Samuel,

Thank you for your post.

There should be no need to create a new installation. First shut down NinjaTrader > then right click on the Windows Task Bar > select Start Task Manager > go to the Processes tab of the Task Manager > locate the NinjaTrader.exe process > select it and then End Process.

Once the above is complete please go to the following directory on your PC: (My) Documents\NinjaTrader 7\workspaces > then delete the '_Workspaces' file that is a .XML file type (this will not delete your workspaces) > then restart NinjaTrader.

Now you should be able to open NinjaTrader with no issue, but you will need to take care of the compile error. It appears the compile error is indicating that there are two files but one is named with an underscore (_) in front of it. You will need to remove this indicator from the installation by going to the following directory on your PC: (My) Documents\NinjaTrader 7\bin\Custom\Indicator > then remove or delete the file from the installation.

You should be able to compile without error now however, if you are unable please report the error returned if not the same and we can schedule a support call to look into this matter further.

Comment

Dear Patrick,

Thank you for your quick response. The issue is that the problem exists even when the NinjaTrader.exe is no longer in the task manager running processes, and even after I uninstalled NT!

The only thing I can think about is going back to my window's backup and restore a snapshot of my disk, since I can't get rid of this folder readonly status.

By the way, there is no real compiler error, just that the compiler can't do its job in that folder.

Comment

Hello Shai Samuel,

Thank you for your response.

Then your method here may be best. If you wish to create a new install you must uninstall NinjaTrader > then rename the (My) Documents\NinjaTrader 7 folder > then delete the NinjaTrader 7 folder in C:\Program Files (x86 if 64 bit OS) > then reinstall NinjaTrader.

Comment

Dear Patrick,

I did restore my backup of windows, but also copied the scripts and the workspace which I had in my latest system. The problem of not being able to change the name of the "NinjaTarder 7" folder was fixed.

However, I still have the problem, were any script I open, when I try to compile it I get the same error message CS2001 "Source file 'C:\Users\shai\Documents\NinjaTrader 7\bin\Custome\Indicator\._bdtPowerPriceAction.cs' could not be found". The name of script is different of course for each one.

Please advise.

Comment

Hello Shai Samuel,

Thank you for your response.

I would like to schedule a support call with you today if possible. Please send a note to support[at]ninjatrader[dot]com with 'ATTN: Patrick - 938426' in the subject line and a reference to this thread in the body of the e-mail: http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/f...ad.php?t=61505

Please include your telephone number and the best time to reach you (include your time zone).

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by judysamnt7, 03-13-2023, 09:11 AM
            4 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post DynamicTest  
            Started by ScottWalsh, Today, 06:52 PM
            4 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post ScottWalsh