Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question about running 1 or more Scripts simultaneously

Hi ninjas,

Since I have a couple of interesting scripts, I'm assessing if it's worth to run simultaneous scripts through NT. I've tried this before and so far NT manages this situation pretty good, but my experience is still little about it. So, from a practical point of view:

1. is it better to run 2 or more scripts through NT ?

or

2. is it better trying to code those 2 or more scripts in just one code ?

My goal is to determine if under your experience what are the advantages/problems of any state.

I appreciate your response to this

Hello pstrusi,

Thank you for your post.

This is going to be circumstantial and depend entirely on your purpose behind multiple strategies. Can your code be consolidated into one strategy? Do you need to run multiple instances of the same strategy at once? Are there multiple strategy ideas you want to test in the market at once?

Anything you can make smaller and perform in one instance of a strategy will always yield better performance.

Please let me know if I may be of further assistance.

Comment

Hi Patrick, thanks for your response.

Let me answer your inquires:

1. Can your code be consolidated into one strategy?
      It seems pretty hard to do it, cause many factors, so imagine that I can't consolidated them.

2. Do you need to run multiple instances of the same strategy at once?
      They are 3 slightly different scripts under the same Range Bar Chart

3. Are there multiple strategy ideas you want to test in the market at once?
      Well, I'm looking for diversification of the signals, trying to filter bad trades.

Patrick, they are just 3 Scripts, so, basically it doesn't seem difficult to NT to manage this situation, but my question is looking for your experience regarding this kind of simultaneous method's advantage/disadvantage, I mean: are you been reported too many problems in NT while doing this?

Comment

Hello pstrusi,

Thank you for your response.

From my experience I have seen users run far more strategies in NinjaTrader without issue and several strategies on one market as well without any issue.

Comment

I appreciate your response, but I'll have in mind your hint about it's always better to have a consolidated script. As soon as I can, it'll be done.

Best regards

Comment

Originally posted by pstrusi View Post

3. Are there multiple strategy ideas you want to test in the market at once?

Well, I'm looking for diversification of the signals, trying to filter bad trades.

Patrick, they are just 3 Scripts, so, basically it doesn't seem difficult to NT to manage this situation, but my question is looking for your experience regarding this kind of simultaneous method's advantage/disadvantage, I mean: are you been reported too many problems in NT while doing this?

If you keep them separate, you might see over time, strat #3 is a loser and needs to get tossed.

If your strategy requires conditions 1,2,3,4,5 then it should be in 1 strategy.

I have the same strategy, separate for different gains, no mixing long/short.

Comment

Thanks for your contribution Sledge. Yes I have this in mind. I'll try to consolidate them in just one script, but is not that simple cause to many bar objects.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by RubenCazorla, 08-30-2022, 06:36 AM
              3 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post PaulMohn  
              Started by f.saeidi, Yesterday, 12:14 PM
              9 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post f.saeidi