Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ALERT: Missing historical data on CL

Hello.

The data for CL from about 3am (European time) to the time I log in is missing. It is now 8:40am. Charts are blank.

Seems to be again an issue with the historical data server.

sandman

Hello sandman,

I experience the missing data on my end as well when I test. I sent a report to our server team. Once there is news regarding the matter, I will let you know.
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hello sandman,

Thank you for your patience.

Can you please restart NinjaTrader, re-connect to CQG and check if data is loaded again. If the data is not loaded initially, please right click in the chart and select 'Reload All Historical Data'.

Comment

Jason.

Thanks. I am familiar with this issue with the historical data server as it is a recurring issue. It used to be upsetting as it means a loss of working hours, usually the morning session, as I have to wait for the charts' indicators to catch up to make sense. I got used to that.

If I do as you say and close NT to then restart it, would mean I run the risk of losing again all the data that accumulated since my login IF the server has not been fixed by then. That in turn would mean I would lose another 2-3 working hours and, with that, money. No thank you

I'd rather hear back something like, ok, yes, the server was down and it is fixed, and up and running now.

sandman

Comment

Sandman,

That's exactly what we're trying to make clear: the server was down but is back up and running now. Please restart NinjaTrader and reconnect to overcome the issue. If you encounter further issues please let Jason or I know.
          KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hello.

Seems today (March 10, 2014) we have again an issue with the historical data server for CL (Crude Oil). The charts are blank for the time period between Friday eve and the time of log-in.

Would be good if someone could test it at your end and if need be alert the Server Team.

sandman

Comment

Hello,

Thank you for reporting the issue.

I can confirm that an issue effecting the NinjaTrader historical data server's recording did occur. Our server team is aware of the issue and are currently working to determine whether data can be restored.
              KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

CL Historical Data Missing

Hello,

when can we count on a solution for receiving historical CL data? Will be there a fix?

Thanks

Comment

Hello Trader108,

I have been informed the historical data server records data again. There will still be historical data missing for the time the server was not recording data. We are looking to restore this data next weekend.

Comment

Thank you.

Comment

It's not just CL.

I seem to have missing data for ES (mini S&P) for about 12 hours since the futures opened last night. Without that data my indicators are all giving wrong signals and I am unable to trade.

Is it really the case that we have to wait till next weekend for data to be restored?

Comment

Yes, unfortunately the ES and 6B are affected as well.

We are looking to restore the missing data next weekend. If you have access to another data feed provider, you could use it to load the missing data. Restart NinjaTrader and connect to the other data feed instead of CQG.

Comment

No, I don't have access to another data feed.

As with many traders I use multiple time frames - from weekly and daily to lower TFs.

With a big gap in the data there is no way I can trade. It's too dangerous.

If this is only going to be fixed next weekend, I have to take a week off and not trade for the entire length of this week!

That's more than a little inconvenient.

Comment

You could apply for an additional data feed such as Kinetick, IQFeed, BarChart and eSignal to load historical data.

Comment

Thanks for the suggestion.

So are those free or do I have to pay for another connection just to get around this (hopefully) one-off problem?

Is there nowhere I can just download the last 12 hours of historical data for ES?

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by andrewtrades, Today, 04:57 PM
                              1 response
                              0 likes
                              Last Post NinjaTrader_Manfred  
                              Started by chbruno, Today, 04:10 PM
                              0 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post chbruno