Memory Management

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Memory Management

I am constantly needing to restart Ninja. I spent lots of time recently looking at task manager as i did my daily routine. My daily routine involves using another software to scan for stocks that meet my trading criteria. The handful requiring more refined looks, i load into MAnalyzer and flip one at a time.

What i noticed is that as i load each separate chart the memory usage in task manager grows. At about 12,000,000, things get bogged down and I have to restart. Note my computer has as much RAM as i could by and the fastest other hardware.

Obviously this results from the way Ninja handles memory. Does Ninja 8 handle memory differently such that this issue may be fixed? Every time i have to restart ninja any open positions lose their ATM strategy and that causes its own set of problems (see my other thread).

What is timing of Ninja 8. Ray mentioned "by the end of 2013" in one of the big mike's webinars. Not sure if that is still the timing.

thanks
    duncan

Hi duncan,

Thank you for your post.

There are memory and performance improvements in next major release, however it is too early for us to discuss how this may improve your situation. We have no release date for the next major release at this time.

If there is a specific memory amount you're hitting that things seem to 'stick', you may be hitting some limitations of the .NET framework - for ust to help analyze this scenario, can you please clarify if you're using the 32-bit or 64-bit version of NinjaTrader?
    MatthewNinjaTrader Product Management

Comment

i am running it on a 64 bit system

Comment

I understand that your PC has access to a lot of memory, however there may be a few things preventing us from accessing these resources.

For one, the 32-bit process of NinjaTrader is limited to 1.2GB of memory.

To clarify, you're using the 64-bit version of NinjaTrader on your 64-bit system if you check under Help--> About?

If you're sure you're using the 64-bit system, are you sure all 3rd party DLL's are 64-bit?

In terms of the reproducible scenario you hit here, do you see the same behavior without the indicators installed? That is, if you open just a few charts with data, do you run into a point where things bog down?

Exactly how many charts are you opening?

For a complete analysis, please feel free to send us your log and trace files including your workspace and UI settings to our support team under Help--> Mail to support and include a reference to this thread.

Comment

im running 64 bit
          ill just wait for N8
          thanks.

Comment

It would be hard for us to say that NT8 would improve the situation without knowing exactly what is occurring in NinjaTrader 7.

Please let us know when you're ready to take another look at this and we'll be happy to help.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by arvidvanstaey, Today, 02:19 PM
            4 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post arvidvanstaey  
            Started by samish18, 04-17-2024, 08:57 AM
            16 responses
            0 likes