Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

how do I get rid of print statements from phantom indicators?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

how do I get rid of print statements from phantom indicators?

Messages from obsolete, now unused indicators, appear in the output window when running a strategy. I guess they obviously must be linked to my current indicator and/or strategy but I can’t determine how.

Question is … how do I get rid of print statements from phantom indicators?

It could be that the old versions are applied to another workspace that's open in the background or a chart that might be minimized.

As a test, please take the following steps to force NinjaTrader to start without your saved workspace. You will have the option to reopen these after our tests.

* Shut down NinjaTrader
    * Navigate to (My) Documents\NinjaTrader 7\workspaces
    * Delete the file named "_Workspaces.XML".
    * After deleting this file, restart NinjaTrader which should startup without any workspaces.
    * Once NinjaTrader has started on just the control center, please open a new chart and test for issue.
    * *Please note this will not delete your workspace however the new blank workspace will be named Untitled1. If you have a workspace already named Untitled1 however you will not want to save the workspace when exiting NinjaTrader, otherwise it will overwrite it.

If there are no issues on this new workspace, please try opening the previous workspace by going to File--> Workspaces--> Open workspace.

If this reintroduces issues, I would suggest rebuilding your workspace. Please keep track of what indicators you add back in so that we can narrow down what indicator is causing the issue if the issue returns. I also suggest making a backup of your workspace so we can restore a backup if the issue returns.

Below I have provided a link to the Backup and Restore section of our help guide.

Let me know if I can further assist.
    LanceNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Phantom messages from indicator joeXXOindicator3 still appear in the output window when running the strategy analyzer [see attachment].
      i no longer need joeXXOindicator3 and can just delete it if that will help.
      Note: the problem is not with a chart, it is in the strategy analyzer output window.
      Attached Files

Comment

Does the lanceV3Strategy use the joeXXOindicator3? This would be my assumption at first glance.

If you have followed the steps in post #2 and have a blank workspace open and then open only a strategy analyzer window the only possibility for this I can think of would be that the strategy is calling the indicator.

Let me know how I can further assist.

Comment

Daaaaah,
          how embarrassing .... yep, there was an offending line of code in there and I just flat didn't see it ... and yes, that was the problem.
          Bless you Lance, and thanks.

Comment

Glad to hear you were able to isolate it.

Happy trading!

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by ScottWalsh, Today, 06:52 PM
            1 response
            0 likes
            Last Post NinjaTrader_Manfred  
            Started by ScottW, Today, 06:09 PM
            1 response