Limit orders freezing in Chart Trader

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Limit orders freezing in Chart Trader

I'm using market replay with chart trader, and during most (if not all) of my trading sessions, one or more of my limit orders freeze. I place the order (right clicking on the chart, selecting limit buy or sell), it paints the trade bar on the screen, but price goes right through it without any execution. Then, when i try to cancel using the "X", nothing happens. I can't even move it until I toggle the ATM Strategy name back to None or some other strategy. Its like a ghost order that never executes.

But then when I quit Ninjatrader, I get a dialog box indicating that there are still active orders pending. What is going on? This would be a huge issue in a live account as can't reliably place limit orders.

Any ideas?

Hello,

Thank you for your post.

Please contact me by email at Support AT NinjaTrader DOT com. With your message, please include a link to this forum thread and a copy of today's log and trace files.

You will find the log file on your PC in the (My) Documents > NinjaTrader 7 > Log folder.
    • The log file will be named "log.20131022.txt"

You will find the trace file on your PC in the (My) Documents > NinjaTrader 7 > Trace folder.
    • The trace file will be named "trace.20131022.txt"

Thank you.
    KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Situation: Using market replay and chart trader. Enter a sell stop or sell stop limit order above the market. (Same if a buy-stop or buy limit order below the market) Get error message. Click OK. Able to cancel order on chart but when new order is placed, it appears on chart but will not enter entry when price hits it. Go to Control Center and attempt to cancel order. Doesn't work. Only way to continue replay trading is to exit Replay totally and re-enter.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by benmarkal, Yesterday, 12:52 PM
      3 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post NinjaTrader_Gaby  
      Started by helpwanted, Today, 03:06 AM
      1 response
      0 likes
      Last Post sarafuenonly123