Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Replay data - unable to reload continuous days

Hello,
    I have downloaded TF (e-mini Russell) data since some march 2013. When replaying, Iam unable to load more then one day - it is not possible to load continuous data.

Actually, I have NT installed on two computers - on one it works fine, on the second one it reloads just one day each time and I was not able to recognise the difference and solve the trouble.
    May be the trouble is in the Docs files. The file Docs/NinjaTrader/db/minute is empty.

Thanks
    J.

Hello J,

Welcome to the NinjaTrader Support Forums!

The Market Replay Data will not be able to load any Historical Data, so if you do not have any Historical Data for the instrument and time NinjaTrader will not be able to display anything.

For example if you download some TF 09-13 for 06-12-2013, NinjaTrader will not show any Historical Data for the TF 09-13 before 06-12-2013 unless already inside of NinjaTrader.

You may verify if you have any Historical Data for the instrument by going to the Tools -> Historical Data Manager -> Edit tab. Here you will be able to look at what Historical Data you have for the Instrument and Time in question.

Do you have access to a data provider that you can download Historical TF data to be able to load into your charts?

Happy to be of further assistance.
    JCNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks for fast response,
      I use just the replay data downloaded through Utilities/Download replay data as I paper trade on Market replay connection. I use two computers.

1. Computer 1 (is OK) - every time I download a new day dat, Iam able to see continuous data back to March 2013 (time when I started downloading the replay data).

2. Computer 2 (not OK) - every time I download a new day data, Iam able to see just one day in the replay, even though all datas since March have been downloaded. I can swith between the dates, but every time I see just a single day, not continuous datas of all days - that of course influence my indicators.

Now, if I download data on computer I, I get for instance in db/data/20131001/TF12-13.ntm file and also db/minute/TF12-13/20131001.last. ntd file and works fine as continuous

however

if I do the same on computer II, I get db/data/20131001/TF12-13.ntm file but no db/minute/TF12-13/20131001.last. ntd file.

If I copied all the datas from computer I db/minute/TF12-13 file to computer II, contuinuous data works ok.

In my eyes it seems, that for some reason, when downloading data on computer II, I get no new file to db/minute/TF12-13. For instance I downloaded yesterday´s data to computer II, I got a new file of db/data/201310231/TF12-13.ntm, but no similar file to db/minute/TF12-13.

Iam not sure now, if Iam clear
      Thanks
      Jan

Comment

Hello Jan,

Could you send me your log and trace files on your Computer II so that I may look into this.

You can do this by going to the Control Center-> Help-> Mail to Support.

Please reference this thread in the body of the email: http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/f...ad.php?t=61570

Then in the subject line put "ATTN: JC"

Happy to be of further assistance.

Comment

OK, I have send it via Ninja Trader yesterday (at least I hope, it worked... Jan

Comment

Hello Jan,

I still have not received your files yet.

Could you manually attach your most current log and trace files to support[at]NinjaTrader[dot]com, so I may investigate this matter further.

You will find the log file on your PC in the (My) Documents > NinjaTrader 7 > Log folder.

The log file will be named "log.YYYYMMDD.txt"

You will find the trace file on your PC in the (My) Documents > NinjaTrader 7 > Trace folder.

The trace file will be named "trace.YYYYMMDD.txt"

In the subject line you place "ATTN JC: 940436"
            Last edited by NinjaTrader_JC; 10-24-2013, 02:15 PM.

Comment

OK, I have just send it via my e-mail...thx, J.

Comment

Hello, any news realting my problem?
                Thanks
                Jan

Comment

Hello Jan,

I sent an email requesting some information. Let me resend it to make sure that you received it.

Comment

Thanks for reply, I got no response by mail - could you try to mail i to [email protected]?
                    Thanks
                    Jan

Comment

Hello Jan,

That was the email that I sent it to. Can you try checking your SPAM folder to see if it was automatically placed their?

Comment

No, unfortunatelly nothing is in my mail box or spam folder...

Comment

Hello Jan,

I just sent an email from a different email address. Please let me know if you receive this email.

Comment

Hello, Iam sorry, but I got no response to [email protected] even in SPAM box...any other solution?
                            J.

Comment

Hello Jan,

Thanks for your reply.

I will be sending you a private message for contact information so that we may assist you further.
                              BrandonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by elirion, Today, 01:36 AM
                              0 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post elirion
                              by elirion

Started by gentlebenthebear, Today, 01:30 AM
                              0 responses