NT hangs indefintely after invoking bogus script

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NT hangs indefintely after invoking bogus script

I wrote a script that had a bug in it: log--> "could not call initialize because it was not set to an object".. or something like that, anyway when inserting the homemade indicator into a chart, NT started to churn and did not return control- "NT is not responding"- as if it was in an infinite loop.

The last thing the trace file said was that it was recovering all the working spaces that I had open before NT went into hyperspace. I tried to re installing NT but did not work but did not result in anything new.

Any advice?

Thanks
    Spartacus

Hello Spartacus,

It could be that the script is saved in your workspace and NinjaTrader is trying to load it up when NinjaTrader starts up.

Can you try the steps on the following post to have NinjaTrader start up with a fresh workspace to see if you are able to load up NinjaTrader?

Let us know if you are able to open up NinjaTrader.
    JCNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi JC

I did as you suggested and was able to bring NT back up. I pinpointed the troubled workspace, I know the indicator that is the issue in this case, so where do I go from here and how do I rebuild the workspace?

Comment

Hi JC

I did as you suggested and was able to bring NT back up. I pinpointed the troubled workspace, I know the indicator that is the issue in this case, so where do I go from here and how do I rebuild the workspace?

Comment

Hello Spartacus,

You can either try to fix the indicator, or to create a rebuild/create a new workspace you can go to File -> Workspace -> New Workspace and the create your charts and windows how you had them before and then save the new workspace.

Note that you can also delete the Indicator if you know which one is causing the issue and the reload your old workspace and NinjaTrader will not be able to load the indicator that is causing the issue.

To remove the indicator you may follow the steps below.

* In the Control Center -> Tools -> Edit NinjaScript -> Indicators
          * Select the Indicators that you want to remove by left clicking on it.
          * Press the Delete button at the bottom

Let us know if we can be of further assistance.
          JCNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

JC,

Thank you for your recommendations, it all worked out> I tried to modify the workspace XML document to remove reference to that indicator, but I couldn't do it so I just created an empty shell indicator and renamed it to the name of the bogus one, brought up the workspace with no problem.

Thanks again
            Spartacus

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by funk10101, Today, 09:43 PM
            0 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post funk10101  
            Started by pkefal, 04-11-2024, 07:39 AM
            11 responses