Providing workspace/files to another.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Providing workspace/files to another.

I have a friend who is already using NT 7. I would like to provide him a copy of ONE of my workspaces and the associated indicators. What is the best way to do this? I do not want to use a backup/restore because that backs up all my workspaces and indicators. Can I just email him a copy of the appropriate workspace file and export the appropriate custom indicators and email those to him also? Thank you.

Hello higler,

Thank you for your note.

Yes, you can email him the .XML workspace file (found in (My) Documents\NinjaTrader 7\workspaces). He will need to place this in the same folder on his computer.

Next, export the indicators associated with that workspace, using Control Center -> File -> Utilities -> Export NinjaScript.

Input a name for the file you will export the indicators into. Select "Custom Indicators" from the drop down menu at the left, then select the indicators that you want to export, and click the right arrow button. Click "Export", and a small window will open confirming where the exported indicators are located.

Your friend will need to use Control Center -> File -> Utilities -> Import NinjaScript to import this file and add the indicators.

Please let me know if I can assist you further.
    Tyler G.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Some more questions on this topic.
      1. Will the workspace that I send him contain any personal information like my account number, license key, etc? Obviously, I don't want to provide this information.

2. Also, I use a custom session template in this workspace that I want to send him which I created using Session Manager. I do want to provide him with this custom session template. Will this session template transfer over as part of the workspace since I specify it in the DataSeries session template?

Comment

Hello higler,

1.) The workspace would not include any personal information like what you outlined - only the layout of the windows in the workspace and their property settings are transferred.

2.) The custom session template cannot be transferred to the other party without including a huge amount of personal information. This setting should be manually recreated on the other PC.
        KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by PaulMohn, Today, 12:36 PM
        0 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post PaulMohn  
        Started by love2code2trade, 04-17-2024, 01:45 PM
        4 responses
        0 likes