Renko Charts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Renko Charts

Is there a way to configure NT Renko charts the same way they are configured in Stockcharts? Here is a screen cap of a Stockcharts example as an attachment.

Thanx for the help.
    Attached Files

Originally posted by dalecraw View Post
    Is there a way to configure NT Renko charts the same way they are configured in Stockcharts? Here is a screen cap of a Stockcharts example as an attachment.

Thanx for the help.
    How are they different? Are they not both configured simply by specifying the block size?

Comment

Hello,

Thank you for your note.

Can you clarify which differences between NinjaTrader's renko bars and this example you wish to shore up?
      KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

OK, I didn't explain myself enough, sorry.

Attached you will see a NT screen cap of today's ES chart in a Renko style. As you can see, the bricks are based on a 1 block, but the time frame doesn't correspond to the daily time frame that you see in the screen cap of the chart from Stockcharts.

What I am looking for is how to create a Renko daily chart in NT that looks like the example in Stockcharts. I cannot create a Renko chart in NT because when I choose the Renko style, it does not allow me to specify the data period, daily or otherwise.

I HAVE tried increasing the block size for the NT chart, & it doesn't look the same.

Thanx for the help.

Dale
        Attached Files

Comment

Hello Dale,

Thank you for clarifying.

NinjaTrader's renko bars do not take time in to account - only brick size is used with this bar type. Due to this, I am do not believe you would be able to recreate this using NinjaTrader's default renko bar type based on what you've outlined. This is something which you could likely shore up with custom programming however. If you are not a programmer yourself, any of the NinjaScript consultants listed at the following link could code this type of project at your direction: http://www.ninjatrader.com/partners....pt-Consultants

Additional information about how NinjaTrader creates renko bars can be found here: http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/h...?bar_types.htm
          KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by wzgy0920, 04-20-2024, 06:09 PM
          2 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post wzgy0920  
          Started by wzgy0920, 02-22-2024, 01:11 AM
          5 responses
          0 likes