Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Contract rollover with Esignal

Hello Sir,

I am using esignal as my Data feed, how do i set USDINR|MCX symbol contract rollover?

USDINR currency pair contract expires every month on prior to two working business days at 12:15 P.M. (Like current contract expired on 29-10-2013 at 12:15 P.M.)

USDINR currency pair traded between 9:00 A.M. to 5:00 P.M. (GMT+ 05:30)

I used Ninjatrader trader help guide to rollover symbol manually , but data is not loading perfectly.

is there anything i am missing? and which date should i use as rollover date while manually setting rollover date ? 28-10-2013 or 29-10-2013 (as 29-10-2013 at 12:15 P.M. contract expired) ?

Please help.

Thank you.

Hello,

Thank you for your post.

You mentioned that 'data is not loading perfectly' however I am not sure what behavior you are seeing based on this. Can you please elaborate?
    KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I only get one day of data in new contract month and , and today i only get data from the time i have started ninja trader. like market open at 9:00 am, and i have started ninja trader at 10:20 am, i am getting data of last day and from 10:20 from todays session, although i have last month contract data in my system, as ninja trader stores it as historical data.

but i am not getting that last month data, that means there some problem in rollover.

Comment

Hello,

Which contract is the current contract?

Which roll over dates have you added for the instrument?
        KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Symbol : USDINR|MCX

Current Contract : 11-13

Old contract : 10-13

10-13 contract expires on 29-10-2013 at 12:15 P.M.

Comment

I have added 29-10-2013 as rollover date in manually rollover menu, and offset field is 0.

Thank you

Comment

Hello trader9,

Can you please use a rollover date of 10/30/2013 and check if data is loaded.

You mention it trades between 9:00 AM and 5:00 PM, but it rolls over at 12:15 PM. Unfortunately you cannot configure a rollover time, only a date. So a rollover date of 10/30/2013 causes all historical data before this date to be loaded from the 10-13 expiry. This means data between 12:15 PM and 5:00 PM will be loaded from the 10-13 expiry as well.

Once you changed the rollover date, please remove and re-add the USDINR 11-13 to your instrument list for the change to take effect.
              JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

while doing that , i am getting data of historical (expired month) correctly in the chart, but today's data from morning is not loading, and market starts from current moment, although market is started since 9:00 a.m.

Comment

Does it make a difference if you right click in the chart and select 'Reload All Historical Data'?

Do you see historical data for today as per the 11-13 expiry at Control Center-->Tools-->Historical Data Manager-->Edit-tab?

Comment

i have tried loading " reload historical data button"

and i have check using control center > historical data manager > edit > ....it gives USDINR 11-13 > last> octber 2013 > 30/10/2013 > 2:00 pm only , Since i started Ninjatrader.

then again i have reload hitorical data, but market starts from that moment in current date.

Comment

Can you please disable the merging of data and check if you load historical data before 2:00 PM.

Go to Control Center-->Tools-->Instrument Manager, highlight the USDINR and click Edit. Subsequently, set 'Merge policy' to DoNotMerge. Click OK. Remove and re-add the USDINR 11-13 to your instrument list and create a new chart. It will now only load historical data from the 11-13 expiry in the chart.

Comment

now i am getting today's data from morning but not getting historical data of previous contract.

Comment

If you now switch back Merge policy to MergeBackAdjusted, do you load historical data before 2:00 PM? Make sure to remove and re-add the USDINR 11-13 to your instrument list after you changed the Merge policy.

Comment

i have changed to merge back addjested , but now it gives live data from current moment in the chart, and now i am getting historical data of previous contract.

i have also tried Merge non back adjested , but same problem with option too.

both time i have reload contract in instrument list.

Comment

What session template do you have selected in the chart? Does it make a difference if you select the 'Default 24/7' session template?

I assume you currently load historical data from the 10-13 expiry for 10/29/2013. If you switch back the rollover date to 10/29/2013, am I correct you load 10-13 data up to 10/28/2013, you miss data for yesterday and today and data for today only starts from the moment you are connected?

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by TraderG23, 12-08-2023, 07:56 AM
                              9 responses
                              1 like
                              Last Post Gavini
                              by Gavini

Started by oviejo, Today, 12:28 AM
                              0 responses